I like my best guy friend and he knows I like him but I don't know if he likes me. Any advice?

So here's the story. I met him freshman year of high school and I liked him. I became friends with this girl who turned out to be his best friend. We all became really close and I liked him even more but I assumed he liked the other girl. I fell totally in love with him. Their group stopped talking to me and we drifted apart. I still loved him. I tried to keep up my friendship with him. Before we graduated I built up the courage and told him I liked him. He wouldn't answer me if he liked me or not but just said he wasn't ready for a relationship. We started talking again about a year later and me liking him never came up. I asked if he wanted to hang out so we did once over summer break. He knows I have anxiety and no friends so I feel like he just feels sorry for me. I want to keep trying in hopes that one day he'll like me. But I always feel like I'm bothering him. I don't know what to do. I can't let him go. Please help.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not sure he feels the same but I would just get up the courage and ask him so you aren't putting yourself through this anymore and you'll know. Just say, "so I still like you and I wondered how you feel about me?" You could follow that up with "would you be interested in going on a date?" If he gives you the "I'm not ready for a relationship" again (especially if he doesn't say anything else about his feelings for you) then he's not interested likely. If that turns out to be the case then at least you know and you might have to cut off all communication with him (including online if you have any) and move on. It will take time but it will happen eventually.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am sorry but he was not interested.

What Guys Said 2

• Ask him

• "Oi c**t! Do you like me?"

It's how we do it in Australia.

What Girls Said 0