Have you ever had an online relationship (bf/gf)?

Apparently, online relationships are a thing. I couldn't do it. I don't know how people do it. I have no judgment on the situation. Like, Have you ever had an online relationship (bf/gf)?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, but it's Damn hard. I'd never enter into one again.

Over time, trust issues surface and insecurities develop. You start to feel envious of other people who can spend quality time in real life with the person. You start to crave their touch , a hug or a kiss. It drove me insane being so far away , knowing we'd never have an opportunity to just meet up whenever we wanted.

It's not impossible to make it work, but it's extremely rare they survive. The only way it would work is of one of them uprooted to move to live near the other one. They'd need to make many sacrifices, and give up their "life" so they could be together. It's a huge risk to take. In the end you have to decide if the person is worth that risk or not

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, I wouldn't since I think it's just not for me. You'd have to invest a lot of time on the computer from chatting, or talking with the other person face to face with a microphone and with a webcam or using a smartphone frequently for that kind of thing.

And I think they won't really last anyway, or may last even shorter than real life more local type of relationships.

Depends on the kind of mindset you have when you decide to commit yourself and invest your time and effort into an online relationship. I think people CAN be Friends and maintain regular friendships over the internet, but in order to be MORE THAN friends, then that will be much harder to maintain.

What Girls Said 18

• I tried to once, but it didn't work out. As soon as I met someone in person, the online romance paled in comparison- I'm sure the same would have happened to him if he had met someone in person before I did.

• Do you mean online meeting and online dating etc. and never meeting? If that one, no i did not and i will not for sure.

But i had an ldr where online connection was necessary. We had two years upfront (living together from the 27th day of our relationship) and then it had to be 1 year ldr due to career choices. So it has online component and it is a very hard thing to do.

So online relationships suck.

• I followed you hoping to message you! ha. Could you message me, there's something I'd like to ask you about.

• Yes my husband and I were Facebook lovers but we had met before reconnecting with Facebook

• They aren't real. It is preposterous most of the time. Its just friendship mixed with some sexual elements.

• Yes lol from Gag haha we broke up like 3 months ago

• I did this sometimes when I was a teenager. I attempted only once when as an adult, but I was going to fly up and spend time with him if he was game.

• No, I haven't.

• No.. if the distance wasn't so bad (maybe an hour or so) maaaaybe I'll consider it... Other than that I'd rather not.

• I prefer real relationships.

• No, it needs to be in person before I could ever say how I feel about them. Online without ever meeting up can be fabricated and untrustworthy in my opinion.

• Online friendship yes. It's very real. And very difficult.

• In an LDR right now, although I do see him from time to time so sorta online? It's somewhat difficult. I think it depends on the people

• nope

• Sort of but it didn't last very long

• nopeeee

• nope ı didn't have

• yes, I have it's funny plus I can have 2 or 3 boyfriend at the same time.

• When I was like 10...

What Guys Said 10

• I've had/have online friendships? As for relationships, does it count if I met them online then met them physically later, then continued use of online mediums due to long distance? Funnily enough I was talking to someone about ldr just yesterday, how they're physically more work, require more creativity and commitment from the both of you.

• Just one @smmskittles she dumped me after eating my extra whipped cream on my Frappuccino on cheat day😤😟 hahahahhahah

• Yes, for about a week. That was the only girl on this planet who ever liked me. I never had an actual relationship. And probably never will

• Negative.

• No, but I did keep in touch with a girl online for almost two years and it got pretty personal.

• Hell no. That's absolutely pathetic.

• Just one. It was pointless.

• Nope

• No, that's so fckn aids.

• no i haavent