Why would he call me cute?

So I've been texting for a few days with I guy I really like and he told me that some girls wear a ton of makeup and still look ugly whereas I look cute without doing anything.

Ok, but not pretty not anything just cute? tbh I don't think any girl ever wants to be call cute... does that mean he isn't attracted to me and he wants me only as a friend? when would you say cute to someone?

Most Helpful Girl

• I had the same thing, only with a male friend. He said I was adorable, which I didn't mind and I liked the compliment (also i'm little af compared to him), then he started calling me cute and I still didn't mind that and I thought he still just wanted to be friends, then he started calling me 'hot' and then it went to him calling me 'sexy'.

I think he wants to be out of the friend zone at this point.

What Guys Said 6

• Cute is attractive in a way that is approachable and very real. Cute is like the girl who lives next door. Cute is youthful and a cute girl is not pretentious.

Pretty is attractive in a way that is somewhat more mature but not Hollywood glamorous. A pretty girl may be quite aware of her attractiveness and act like a diva, so she may not be approachable.

Beautiful is like Hollywood glamorous and beautiful women are usually appreciated from a distance.

"Cute" may mean that he is 100% consumed with having the hots for you so don't dismiss that compliment!

• I would say to a girl that she's cute if it's the truth, but calling you cute does not mean he's not interested in you. Calling a girl cute means she looks friendly and kind (for me atleast).

• Wait? He complimented you... but you took it as an insult? I dont get it lol

Cute is a good thing. Guys dont think the way women think

• You over analyze, obvz he's attracted.

• men dont really speak in code. he probably just thinks you are cute

• he likes you

What Girls Said 0