Would you date someone with no job?

Question 2: Would they seem boring to you?
Q3: Does having a job make them more interesting?

• Yes i would date them
    56% (20)78% (35)68% (55)Vote
  • No i wouldn't date them
    44% (16)22% (10)32% (26)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
18|22

Most Helpful Guy

• For me whether or not she has a job, what I want to see is a passion. For example, if she's a struggling songwriter or artist with no job, but she's still passionate about her work, I would have dated her when single.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends. If he's actively looking for a job or at least passionate about something, then sure. I understand full well that people fall on hard times. But the key is to not stay there.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 21

• just goes to show you how shallow women are in their own sense those polls don't lie.

1|0
    0|0
  • It would depend on why they don't have a job. If they are just too lazy to get one (and/or looking for me to support them) then I'm going to have second thoughts about dating. If there are legitimate reasons, like they haven't been able to get one (but have been legitimately trying), or they have a physical disability that limits them, that's totally understandable. Or they're rich and/or cared for and therefore don't need one lol. Haven't met anyone like that though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Would date them if they were genuinely looking to change their unemployment status otherwise it'd be a short relationship. It's not for the fact that it might make them more interesting more that they are more independent and driven and at least have some structure to their days/week.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they have plans to get a job in the future then yes, if not and expect me to do every fucking thing, hell no.

0|0
    0|0
  • The labour market isn't the best right now, so someone who is between jobs or was made redundant would be fine. Someone who wants to collect welfare forever wouldn't be.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean, why don't they have a job? Are they disabled, do they have a trust fund... are they a hobo? Maybe they're a full time student? Kinda' a vague question.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she was in between jobs and had employment before then no problem.

If she has had 10 jobs in the past two years, then likely not, it suggests instability to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally would not date them, unless obviously they have other things like uni, training etc.

Q2. Well obviously having ambition is good, but just not having a job wouldn't make a big difference.

Q3. Not necessarily, job itself could be interesting. Person however can be interesting with or without a job.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I have... but it depends on if they are studying or doing something to better themselves during not having a job.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ya it's fine. If you have a plan for your future, we can work something out.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she has enough money to not need a job ok. Otherwise no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Her being (un) employed is not relevant.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would want someone to date me and I don't have a job.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most definitely not. If one cannot cover half the expenses than they have no business being in a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they're looking for one, still studying, or for some reason unable to work, yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't mind if she didn't work.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would prefer to be with someone with no job. I don't got one either.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think this is boring right now

0|0
    0|0
  • No i wouldn't date them

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I would. With 50% unemployment you can't be fussy about stuff like that anyway :P

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would i date a girl without a job, i'd have to pay for everything. Screw that

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 17

• It would depend on whether or not they're actively looking for employment. If they're looking for a job, great! I have a job too so that means more money for us, lol. But I would hope they're somebody who can keep a job for the long term. Not someone who jumps from job to job because they get bored of it or they hate their boss or something stupid like that.

If they just want to sit at home, collect welfare checks and use me as an ATM, no thanks. I'll pass.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have zero respect for people that don't work. Like I get it if they just got laid off sure if they're looking for another one but there are jobs out there but people feel to entitled to work at a job that's beneath them. I have respect for people working at Mcdonalds when they're down and out because even though it's shit work it's still work.

0|0
    0|0
  • why not :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't see why not as long as they have a legit reason why they don't have one at the moment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but depends on what they're doing in the meantime. Like, if they're in school or they just got laid off or something, then yes, but if you're just a bum, then no. Not having a job doesn't make them boring or uninteresting, just makes them unemployed.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends. I expect the guys in my age group to have most if not all of their shit together by now or at least well on their way. If there's not a valid or legit reason for it, we wouldn't be having a 2nd date.

0|0
    0|0
    • What about at 23? No job no apartment no degree no motivation. Is it acceptable at 23?

• Nope, that means he's sat on his ass for the last five years and has no plans to move out of his parents garage. If he had at least a job and a car, it's a start. But the guy you described isn't even trying to seek stability or independence. Waste of air.

• The people saying "yes" are not honest. Sorry, if I'm career-orientated and have a good paying job myself, why would I date someone who doesn't have a job at all? That's not realistic. UNLESS, we're married and my husband loses his job. That's a different situation. 1) at least he worked at some point. 2) he's my husband. But I will not willingly date someone who lacks motivation and ambition. It's not about gender. Men should feel otherwise the same as me in regards to women.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they had a reason to not work (disabled, temporarily displaced, etc.) then yes. But if they chose not to work and didn't have a solid reason, no. If they're independently wealthy, then they should spend time doing charity work or bettering themselves.

0|0
    0|0
  • If only date them if they were actively searching and interviewing for a job.
    Need someone with goals in life lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope...
    I don't have time for that in my life from now on...

0|0
    0|0
  • No
    3: yes

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd be curious about why but sure I'd date him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure. He can stay home and fuck me all day haha

0|1
    0|0
  • I would date them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, of course I would.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I have a really high earning salary and I wouldn't date someone that can't offer the same thing

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it's relevant, I wouldn't mind dating someone that didn't work

0|0
    0|0