How do I find out if he is in a serious relationship with his girlfriend?

I found out my crush has a girlfriend and I was wondering how serious things are between them? He only mentioned her once. Recently he said he was going to see a movie and I had to ask him if it was with his girlfriend. Afterwards I asked how the movie was and again he didn't mention her. He always says he would be bored if he didn't have work and school. How can I find out how serious their relationship is? Do I just ask him? Or just wait for him to mention it?

Most Helpful Guy

• The case should be closed with the fact that he has a girlfriend. Seeing as your are willing to be a homewrecker depending on the "strength" of their relationship is more troubling then this guy semi-hiding the fact he as a girlfriend and downplaying the relationship as he probably can tell you have an interest in him.

Most Helpful Girl

• If he has a girlfriend don't mess with it. It doesn't matter how serious it is. If someone asked me how a movie was I wouldn't mention who I saw it with either. "How was the movie?" "It was good/bad, I liked this or that, etc.". If you really want to know you can ask, but you're better off finding someone single.

What Guys Said 3

• i mean you can just ask him

just know that regardless of how serious the relationship is you shouldn't meddle. let the relationship run it's course

• Just don't... Chances are he's not thinking about breaking up, even if he doesn't talk about her a lot. Only when he himself or a close friend of him reveals they're having serious problems should you even start thinking about it if you want to protect your own sanity.

• Ask him or his girlfriend

What Girls Said 2

• If I wasn't a girl like you, I'd just say that you should just let the relationship run its course, but I would get jealous and restless too. If it's a really big crush, I would personally act like I had a boyfriend and talk about him enough to either make him jealous (if he likes you and he was trying to make you jealous with the pretense of a girlfriend, you can find out this way) or you can at least get him to squeeze out the details about his own girlfriend. Good luck!

• But that will backfire spectacularly (not just with him but with every guy who will hear the story) when he finds out that boyfriend doesn't actually exist...

• I guess you can fake a crush on someone else. But make up a fake boyfriend? I would find that pretty creepy/desperate if a girl did that with me and I think most guys would have a problem with it if they found out before they got in a relationship with the girl, though maybe they let it slide when they're already in a relationship, like you described.

• @JohnDoe3000

Yeah, there are some guys who find it disturbing and those who don't really mind.

• I really hope you're not planning to be a homewrecker. I don't think it's healthy for you to be crushing on someone to this extent and wanting to find out whether or not his relationship with his girlfriend is serious. That should be none of your business. If you really liked him, you would want him to be happy instead.