What do you all think about open relationships?

I've seen a lot of dating profiles that have open relationship with so and so. What are you all opinion on open relationships are there benefits to them? Do you like the idea of open relationships? (I've noticed on a lot of these profiles the person they have an open relationship with are older man at least 10 years older than them.)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not a fan. I want a committed relationship with one person. I don't see the point in being with someone if they still want to date and sleep with others. That's not my definition of romance or love.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well they have a high failure rate (though because people don't generally talk about them its admittedly hard to get accurate data on them) and the more partners a woman has the more likely she is to divorce/cheat etc (in fact cheating is actually really common in open relationships because its open ie their is so much grey area which is why so many couples have huge lists of rules to abide by (which again often are broken)). So not a fan and would never be with a woman who was in one or wanted one.

What Girls Said 17

• No way. What's the point of being labeled as a relationship if you can just do whatever or whomever you want because you feel like it? Never understood this concept.

• I like the idea BUT we'd have to share a third or go swingers and switch partners while watching each other

• I get the whole concept, but its just not my cup of tea. If i'm with someone, I don't want them to sleep with anyone else. And I don't want to do that either. I get too attached and I will probably fall apart at the thought of them touching and being intimate with someone new.

• It's just another way of saying friends with benefits

• I don't care if other people have open relationships but I wouldn't ever want one myself. They're very unappealing to me.

• I'm not a fan. I want a committed relationship

• I don't like it. If you're mine you're mine. Nobody else's

• I'm not a fan. I want a committed relationship with one person

• I don't like the idea. You should commit to one person at a time to me.

• I can take em or leave em. As long as there is HONESTY, then I have nothing against it.

• Doesn't sound too bad as long as I don't have strong feelings for the guy.

• Not my cup of tea :)

• Not my cup of tea!

• It's not my cup of tea, but whatever works for the couple in question.

I'd assume if you insist on dating someone much younger and hotter, being realistic that they're going to want to sleep with younger, hotter people may be pragmatic.

• I don't think it's right personally. But that's just my opinion.

• It's just a polite way of saying yea i like you but not enough to commit and not enough to say no to others, so better get used to me going out on dates with other people... love you :)

• It's not for everyone. It's not for most.

What Guys Said 7

• to each their own. i couldn't do it though

• I think that's for people who enjoy the thrill of dates and hanging out and having sex, but not really being serious about any of their relations.

• I could live with it... I suppose.

• Same opinion as with FWBs. It seldom works out the way it's supposed to. Some people are wired like this, most are not. Overall, would discourage.

• Nope I don't want anything like that, I just want one partner.

• I though one might be cool but never actually been in one , I imagine it have some challenges and benefits , only work with certain types of people , some are more open about sex than others