Do you think long distance relationships can really work at University?

So me and my boyfriend have been together almost 2 years now, and although it's been a long time, we've had many major ups and downs resulting in trust issues, mostly on my part.

He's a year older than me and we've made it through the whole of his sixth form years together so now he's off to University. While he is a very loyal guy, who I can genuinely say loves me very much, I'm scared that things will fade at University, especially seeing as we spend almost every day together and he currently lives very close to me.

So my question is, do you think long distance relationships can really last while one person is at Uni? He's going to be 2 hours car journey away. Please tell me about personal experiences and what you think of your own relationships, and guys please tell me whether you'd feel more tempted at uni around new people and out perhaps at clubs a lot more? Thank you!

Most Helpful Guy

• it depends if people are willing to put the effort into a relationship , is one willing to make the drive and visit there partner when there away at school? are they willing to take them on dates when there home for the weekend? are they type to keep in touch online or through other means. think you have to put a bit more effort into this once distance becomes a factor

Most Helpful Girl

• They can work, but they are hard. Mine didn't, but my friends did. They broke up to try and see other people but got back together because they knew they were right for each other. It really depends on the time and effort that the two parties are willing to put into it. You have to trust him and he has to make sure he's there for you as much as he can be. Being tempted is normal, new things are exciting, but don't like that break your trust in him.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• To be honest, I thought so but my boyfriend who was a year ahead of me cheated on me. so it IS possible however unlikely if you two are realistically living different life styles at the moment and you don't do frequent visits.

• No it won't work