Am I needy or are these things just common courtesy?

Do you think it's common courtesy to let someone know if you're cancelling plans (without the other person having to ask about them)? Also, do you think it's common courtesy to tell the person you're seeing that you're busy or just need some alone time instead of just stopping mid-conversation over text? Am I asking too much?

Bump.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's common courtsey to be honest in whatever way possible. Altough, it's usually best to be honest in person instead of text. Calling is a tad bit better, but In-person is the way to go. No matter the route you take, it's always better the "said person" finds out earlier rather than later and by the person who's "suppose" to tell them.

Most Helpful Girl

• The text one is weird, for ME I find it rude to just stop, but a lot of people don't, so I'll say nothing. (Unless it is your SO then they should know you're out anyway really).
    BUT, if you message me saying hey how's it going, or ask to chat, and just don't reply again, I find that rude, you started a conversation.

As for the plans thing - definitely. it happened to my friend recently. She's supposed to get a lift to this gaming convention with some friends, and then a week before she's confirming what time they'll pick her up and he's like "oh I have a test, I can't go" she asks why he said nothing he would've known about this test for months and he says "you should've asked sooner". That's bull. She doesn't know to ask! If I have dinner plans with someone, I don't call to check, I show up unless they've said something.

It's beyond rude to not inform someone you can't make plans the moment you know.

What Guys Said 4

• No that should not be too much to ask ask for and people should do those without having to be asked. However for some reason this seems to be less common these days

• That's not too much to ask. Failing to do those things is rude.

• It seems reasonable to not want to deal with a flake.

• of course you should let someone know its cancelled

What Girls Said 1

• It is common courtesy to cancel plans yes.
    However are you badgering him for stopping communication via text? Because that can come off as needy;)