Why won't my boyfriend say I love you back?

On few occasions I've texted him that I love him on two of those he was fast asleep and on one he was in a bad mood. He'll tell me he loves me in person and through text but it would be nice if he would at least reply back when I say it first. One time when we were together he said I love you so I waited a few seconds before replying and when I hadn't replied asap he gave me one of those looks that could kill lol. Is it a guy thing that he won't always say it back by text?

Most Helpful Guy

• It means he probably doesn't

Most Helpful Girl

• You're getting played. He doesn't actually love you, he probably has another girl who looks through his phone and that's why he won't text I love you. My guy says I love you every single day, when we're texting he'll say I love you back. It's fucked up, you deserve better, find another guy :/

• If you knew everything you'd say run girl run :( I know I could find someone who treats me better but I feel like I've invested so much compared to him. Sometimes I wish I were a mind reader because it would definitely help. Like I texted him I love you last night and he probably fell asleep but the thing is he could at least say good morning I love you too. Instead I get no text all day so I feel like an idiot lol

• Never feel like an idiot for loving someone hun. And yes you should run lol. I'm so sorry that he's treating you this way. He's a prick. I'm not gonna boss you around but I really think you should leave him. But I totally get the whole investing part. You've put a lot into that relationship, however for it just to be spat on is a waste, don't you think? Take all that love for him, and start investing it into someone who will appreciate it, and return the favor.

What Guys Said 3

• Personally I always reply to those texts. Looks like he's got issues. Talk to him about it

• I'm just left feeling completely confused sometimes and instead of feeling happy I'm sad instead. If I ignored his I love you I think he'd be mad but it seems he doesn't care or realize him ignoring my message would bother me.

• Ignoring them will make him realize that you're not saying it. If he gets upset with this, he might possibly realize he isn't saying it either

• he probably doesn't love you

• He sounds a bit immature. I would always reply with i love you. I would never play games with a girl

• Yeah see that's nice of you. When he texts I love you I always say it back. But now I texted him I love you at night and maybe he was sleeping but the whole next day he didn't text me, still hasn't lol and I feel down since this isn't the first time.

• Aww, thank you. Hopefully i get a girl soon.

Aww, honestly i don't understand why a guy would do this. If my girl texted me "i love you" i would most certainly text her back. I'm not sure if this would be a good idea, but what if you spoke to him about it?

and don't feel down, you know guys do strange things sometimes, so maybe causally bring it to his attention and see what he says. it is really strange for him to do this tho

What Girls Said 4

• He doesn't want you to have any written proof lol..

• you guys don't feel the same obviously

• well, if every time you said it he was either asleep or mad... try saying it when he isn't and observe his response?

• Yeah you're right next time when we're talking and I know he's awake I'll say it and see. It's just I feel a little awkward when I text him it and he just doesn't respond back. I said it last night but he didn't text me anything all day today so I feel dumb but maybe I'm just overthinking it.

• you could try asking him why he doesn't text it back?

• It's strange because it seems when I text it first he doesn't text it back, but even if he was asleep it would be nice if he could reply back even if it's hours later. I'll try texting it when we're talking and if he doesn't then I'll ask.

• He's obviously not ready to commit.