Given that they never cheated and are not talking all the time or being inappropriate?
- Yes and they should respect it43% (13)35% (8)40% (21)Vote
- No they are allowed to talk to who they want and you should trust them57% (17)65% (15)60% (32)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
1. If you are trying to TELL your partner what to do, you have a much larger problem.
2. You don't have the right to dictate what your partner can and cannot do and trying to do so leads to a bad relationship. However, you do have the right to say that you don't want to be in a relationship with someone who maintains contact with an ex.
3. You did not say what kind of history your boyfriend has with this female. If they have had a sexual relationship in the past, it is not unreasonable to ask that he break contact with her. If he resists that request, I would be suspicious of his motives.2
Most Helpful Girl
I have never understood why someone would want to be with someone whom they felt that they could not trust. What will telling them to stop talking to that person do? If they really want to, they will find a way.
I would never date anyone who I couldn't trust to cheat on me or whom I felt had no self control in the event that another girl hit on him. I want someone who wouldn't even think twice about it, and I wouldn't settle for garbage that I had to keep my eye on to make sure he didn't do anything.
Trust is vital in a relationship and without it, there really is no relationship. If you can't trust someone not to control themselves around other people, you shouldn't be with them.
Also, you are only in charge of yourself and cannot control what other people do, and have absolutely no right to dictate who someone associates themselves with. You either take someone for who they are or leave them, but you don't get to control their life.0