Boyfriend likes embarrassing me?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 5 months and he intentionally tries embarrassing me in front of our mutual friends. We started off as best friends and eventually realized that we liked each other romantically so we started dating. We get together with our friends quite frequently and he makes outrageously detailed comments about what goes on in the bedroom and other personal things that we do when we're alone together. It's clear that he does it specifically to get a reaction out of me. Whenever I blush he just laughs and seems to do it more. Whenever I experience an embarrassing moment he never lets me hear the end of it & totally makes fun of me at any given opportunity. Sometimes he'll even tell his friends about what happened and watch me squirm, which clearly amuses him for whatever reason. He just teases me a whole lot & usually I can laugh along but lately it's really getting me down. I know he doesn't do it out of maliciousness because he is extremely caring & protective of me but at the same time I'm a very sensitive person and take things to heart. The main reason I like him is because he knows how to lighten the mood and allows me to stop being so serious all the time. He is a bit of a "class clown" so I'm sure he just likes putting on a show for other people (including our friends) but sometimes I wonder if I'm just a total joke to him because all his jokes seem to revolve around me. What do you think I should do? Do I tell him that it sometimes hurts my feelings? Thanks for answering my question! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I have been like that to a girlfriend I had in the past. I always felt that she was too serious, and I wanted her to lighten up and even reciprocate with pranks of her own. I told her as much, so I wasn't just being cruel without explanation. Unfortunately, she never took to my type of humor, and we eventually broke up.

I'd suggest either pranking him back, or telling him that you aren't comfortable with it anymore. If he needs his prankish humor, then shutting him down may hurt the relationship, but so will suffering in silence.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, you tell him.

What Guys Said 1

• i have a friend who does the exact same thing and he pretty much just uses his girlfriend and has cheated on her so he is probably just taking u for granted

• How do you know he's cheating?

• Sorry to intrude on the conversation but I agree that you should tell your friend :) It seems like the right thing to do and I would want somebody to be honest with me about something like that :) Do it because you'll have a clear conscience and you owe that to your friend.

• Agreed @Asker

What Girls Said 2

• Tell him it hurts your feelings.

• The only way it will change is if you tell him. You say he's caring and protective so when he realizes what he's doing he will most likely stop or at least tone it down. It doesn't sound like he's trying to verbally attack you he probably just doesn't notice how it effects you. Instead of laughing along show your discomfort. Hope that helps.