Have you ever told someone you have feelings for them even though they're already in a relationship with someone else?

I am all for waiting or just getting over it out of respect of the relationship.

But recently my friend went against all advice and he told a girl who had a long term boyfriend (of 6years) that she should leave the guy for him... and SHE DID. And now they're dating.

Have you done this? Did you get to be with them? Was it immediate? How common/rare is this?

(I've been into a guy for years and he's with this other girl. I just want to tell him so that I can move on because time isn't healing or helping. But hearing no from him would do it. But ever since my friend got his girlfriend by doing this now I'm actually worried he might leave her for me -which strangley, I don't want. I just want to tell him I like him and have him tell me No. I want to move on more than I want to steal him)

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• There is a saying that goes " heart wants what heart wants."
    When you're in a not so good relationship or lonely you might fall for someone who's taken.
    It happened to me twice. Once I fell for a guy who was seeing another girls. Second time a guy told me he had feelings for me even though I was seeing someone else.
    The greatest love stories are stories of forbidden love. Just saying

What Guys Said 3

• I said fuck it and went after her anyway. She was a girl in college who was living with a professor. But she pissed me off, I dumped and like a whipped little dog she went running back to that professor. Last I heard
    she was homeless and a druggie. Pity, it didn't have to be that way.

• I have been involved with girls that were already in a relationship in the past, however I did not have feelings for them. It was wrong and I have changed my ways, however I dont understand how one can catch feelings for a person already in a relationship with someone else. They are taken, they have a significant other, one must respect that and be glad for that person that they have found someone in their life.

• no i would never do that.

What Girls Said 4

• No, I never would.

• I did this in 7th grade... I told my friend I liked him (well, I wrote a letter and gave it to him one morning before school started) even though he already had a girlfriend. They broke up about a month later.
    Then he started going out with my skinnier, prettier best friend. Oh well.

• Nope, I would never do that.

• Never and i will never do it