Do you pay a girl movie tickets also on a date? up to what degree do you pay for women's stuff?

In Belgium dating is much more casual than in other places from what i can read here. We are not so formal here and mostly people pay for their own stuff. I have seen that if you dont pay for a woman's food on a date in other countries you are called bad things. I wonder, if you casually go to the cinema, do you pay for their ticket as well? What about their snacks? Do you pay that as well? I personally think that if you pay for a womans food all the time, while it is not a gift you are a doormat that seeks female approval. I have yet to see a Belgian woman who does not want to pay for her own stuff on a date like going out eating.

My ex girlfriend chatted up some fat nerd who was into anime (nothing against anime) my ex was also into anime, she was about to go to a convention of cosplay and anime and she made that guy pay for her anime schoolgirl outfit. We went for drinks one time and she never asked me to pay, she also paid her own train tickets. I bought her a necklace once and she did almost not want to accept it. We were also gone shopping once and she was interested in this teddy bear and i wanted to buy it for her but she prevented me from doing it. When i asked her what she did in return for that guy she said she flirted with him for it by text message. I am not sure if she has ever seen this guy.

I want to understand up to how much of a woman's stuff men pay in other cultures.

Most Helpful Girl

• i live in Canada, and it really depends on the relationship. some women like the guy to pay for everything, but i'm quite content to pay for myself.

in north america, a lot of guys have this weird expectation that women owe them sex if they pay for the date. so i like to eliminate that possibility by buying my own supper/movie ticket/whatever.

in my current (long-term) relationship, though, my man and i either split or alternate who pays. if i pay for dinner, he buys the movie tickets, or vice versa; we live together, so all major expenses are shared.

• i would find that offending if men would expect sex from a date where they pay for the girls food. thats like prostitution, there is nothing wrong with that, but expecting women to prostitutes is just bad.

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually don't BELIEVE that I should always pay for the woman on dates, but I usually pay, at least the first few times, just because it's a gentlemanly thing to do. That includes, movies, food and anything else we do.

Again, it's perfectly fine for guys not to pay.

• i see, do you take dating formally or are you more laid back?

• To be honest, I haven't dated much in years, because I am sorting out my life and career. But I prefer to be laid back. Formal dates are boring, and they make me nervous as well because I usually this silly, happy-go-lucky kind of person who can't be too formal or serious. I prefer dates to be fun, not some monotonous, boring formality.

What Girls Said 2

• Where i am from guys pay for everything. Date, food, clothes (sometimes ) just to prove that they are gentleman. Even tho i think it`s weird. I would not let my date to pay for me. I barely let my friends pay for me when they insist. I would feel weird afterwards if i did that. Almost like i`m mooching for money

• if here in Belgium we would have a culture were the man pays for everything i would take extremely little girls on dates.

• Who wouldn`t do that lol

• in lebanon it s tradition

• a man pays for everything all the time?

• yeah, but not all of them though. some of them use you for your money lol.

• well yea that s everywhere hahaha

What Guys Said 6

• In the US, people have mixed attitudes on this subject. For older people such as myself, it is very common for a man to pay 100% of everything on a date, even after a couple has been dating for one year or more. Some younger people are more comfortable with each partner paying their own share of meals, movie tickets, etc.

• When I went to the movies with a girl I imsisted I pay. But it wasn't something I did gladly. But I didn't show it.

• Here it's the opposite. Female friends want males to pay for everything even when not dating.
    Empty wallet stimulator.

• ya i dont pay for very much lol..

• I don't pay for anything

• it's losers who pay. I've had women pay for me, lend me money