Pregnant and want to leave boyfriend?

I just found out I'm 6weeks pregnant with my boyfriends baby. I been dating my boyfriend for 7 months. Until I found out I was pregnant I was in love with him I feel hard for him. This is going to be my first child and his second child. He was very happy and supportive when I found out I was pregnant with his child. The only problem is having a child with has opened my eyes wider. He does have a criminal record and makes that excuse as to why he can't find a good paying job. Or why he do that like to work jobs. Up until I found out I was pregnant he worked at a car wash he quit when I got pregnant. He is fixing up a house for me to move in with him. The house used to be his sisters house she paid for it so it's rent free if I decide to stay with him. I feel like breaking up with him because he does not want to get a job to help provide for me and the baby. I work part time retail, graduated College and I'm just trying to find a job in my career field. All this man wants to do is make money on the street corner. Doing u know what if u know what I mean. I need him to man up stop making excuses and find a job at McDonalds or some where as long as it is a job. But he doesn't understand. I love him but I will leave him my child comes first.

• Leave
  • Stay

Most Helpful Guy

• i think you just dont love him anymore. not having a job, is a superficial reason to leave

Thanks for MHO, so, what wound up happening in the end?

Most Helpful Girl

• No he obviously doesn't want to provide for is child, he only quit a job so he could dedicate his time to provide you with a house to stay in that would be rent free, so money isn't a bit issue. And then he'd find a job. And a criminal record IS a legit reason to not find a job, most if not all jobs, do a criminal history check and if they can choose the person without a record over him, they will!

Between the two of you, he seems to be the one taking this seriously. He immediately went into caring mode, starts fixing a house, trying to help you, isn't running away or being a dick. And you want to run away with his child. If you want to break up, figure out the actual reason, but it's still 50% his child so he still gets a say.

Look at yourself and your life, if you decide to keep the baby and be a single mother, college will probably have to wait, you'll need a better job otherwise you can't really provide, somewhere to live. And if that involves going back home, then how is that any better than living with the father and him helping?

You sound a bit selfish. Probably not what you want to hear.

What Guys Said 3

• Prisons are overcrowded with his type. Grow up.

• Get court ordered child support and visitation scheduled

• Do you have enouhg money for your childeren? Or do you want to your kid grow up without father?

• I have enough money and I work so I can provide for my child on my own income. I just want him to work because he took part in creating the child. He should be able to provide for me and the child too.

• Yeah but he has a dirty history.. He can't change this. You know this too. If you don't relax just leave.

What Girls Said 5

• I think you should stay with him. It was hard for my mom to find a job even though she was falsely accused for something, but it still never got off her record. Tell him to stop slinging dope or dick whichever one it is on the street corner that could get him back in jail. Also I read previous comments and I saw that you said you had enough money to support yourself so maybe he can stay home and take care of the baby while you go out and work plus go to college. Especially since most mother's have to drop out. Make sure he stays off the corner though you don't want to end up getting caught up along with him.

• I graduated college already now I'm just looking for a job in my career field. I don't want to feel as if Im the only one providing financially for me and the child. I mean what if I lose my job I want to be able to count on him to have my back of financially with the bills I have such as car payments car insurance phone bill etc.

• I get what you mean. I think you should talk to him about it and tell him how much it bothers you. Maybe fill out some applications for him if he's just that lazy. If your not happy in the relationship then don't be in it, but if it's just this job situation then work to fix it. Does he help at all around he house or are you still working and cleaning up the house? If you are then I can definitely see why you are annoyed. Just have a serious talk with him and tell him how important this is to you. Hopefully he will take your feelings into consideration.

• Are you stable without him, to raise your child? That's the biggest question you should ask yourself. Being a single mother is not a bad thing, no matter what, especially if you are putting your child first. Even married women need to make sure they have the means to stand alone, without their men.

• I can provide for myself and the baby with the job I have. I hate the fact that I might be a single mom. I just want him to get a job and provide for us. I'm not doing for too much especially if he wants me to move in with him.

• Crazy thought, you tried talking to him?

• Um. Do you really, really want to have this child? Also, if I were in your shoes, I'd leave him... (well, I'd never be dating him in the first place)

• You should stay nothing worse than being a single mother. Explain to him you want him to have a stable job or talk with his parent, etc.. To make him understand. I think in the time he would understand. the most important things is that he's happy to have a child and want to take care of him.