Do you think men have a distinct advantage over women in the dating game?

• Yes.
  • No.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol is this some troll qusetion or what? Must be...
    Women have all advantage when it comes to dating and relationship. Starting from being naturally more socially oriented will guys usually are lone wolfs. Beter intuition about relationship and dinamics or it. Better understanding of rules, manipulation, advantages and disadventages, game of power... Girls are always open about their exparience, feelings and all so they learn this kind of things fast. Shering with other girls talking learning form other mistakes... Guys never (or almost never) talk about this kind of things. Girls dotn have problem asking for help if they can't get it how things work or what they do wrong. Guys dont ask or admit when they need help. Some times your exparience send you in wrong direction and you just can't figure out what your doing wrong on your own. So put all this together and you can see how big advantage girls have. Add to mix that guys are usually making first step and by it giving their power away to girl to chose. Now ok there are guys that are experienced in pulling right strings when they flirt with girls and can manipulate how girls are wired to their advantage but they are in minority probably like 5% or less. Rest of guys just get lucky and get girl or dont get lucky (and by lucky i dont mean it as synonym for getting laid) . Some guys never get any luck and end up single...

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes they do. Because although women have more picks, men pretty much have the final say.
    "Men fake love to get sex, women use sex to get love" and whatnot

He also decides how far and long the relationship will last as more women want to settle and commit than men.

• Yes having mere say to commit long term is all the advantage? While she can drop out at her whim, taking half is crap and the kids? Women initiating 70% of the divorces. Oh poor girls.

• You know I don't want to nitpick but regardless for guys it doesn't matter. That "distinct" gives the illusion men have considerable advantage. Not to mention we have no idea about what she meant by distinct.

• @Oram52 this conversation has been going on far too long now.
      I answered it to the best of my knowledge based on her word usage. It's not up to me how y'all interpret it.
      That's all I can say.

What Guys Said 21

• No. Your average woman has the key advantage since she decides whose approach she finds likable or not while the guy needs to take the risk. The only exception are the like top 5-10% of guys in terms of looks.

• The answer depends upon the age.
    From 15 to 30 women have the power.
    By age 35 women have hit the wall and the male/female dynamic begins to change.
    After age 35 there are fewer men than women and a significant (and increasing) number of those men are no longer interested in relationships with women. The number who call themselves MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way) increases every day.
    What this means for women is that the party princesses who ride the bad boy cock carousel during their teens and 20s get to 30 and decide that it is time for a good man, look around and discover that the good men are gone.
    Such women learn to like cats.

• And what advantage is that?

No, men don't have the advantage in dating.

• I think women have the advantage from 18-25. Then men start getting confident and successful. Even the insecure guy at school fills out his frame and becomes comfortable in his own skin. Funnily enough this is exactly the same qualities those women found attractive during their younger years.

• Lol dude

"Even the insecure guy at school fills out his frame and becomes comfortable in his own skin."

^^ way to write this on a website with a HUGE population of guys much older than 25 who are still nowhere near being comfortable in their own skin.

• @redeyemindtricks Haha true. When i first joined i thought i could inspire by example, never knew how deep rooted the defeatist attitude was 😔.

• Yeah, I'd say so. It seems to me that most women want relationships, and most men want casual sex. Therefore, if a man does want a relationship, he doesn't have as much competition and he's in pretty high demand. Likewise, if a girl prefers casual sex, she is in high demand and faces minimal competetion. She therefore has a distinct advantage against men when it comes to engaging in casual sex.

• It's the other way around. A very average looking girl can get a lot more than even a decent looking guy

• Women age like milk.

• i dont think so. what makes you think that?

• More like the other way around.

• I mean I don't know about u nerds but bet I can pull more in hour than y'all combined in all ur life lmao

• Men have advantage in dating game? HAHAHAHAHAAHA HAHAHAAH

Do tell us what advantages we have? :)

• Depends. Sex, sexual choices etc is a woman's domain, unarguable. But in terms of finding the right partner that's well rounded in all areas, I think it's even for both genders.

• Yes. Girls flock to me even when they're with their bfs are there. You just have to be in the top 20%

• No neither really has an advantage or disadvantage

• No way.

• nope.

• Yeah

• Provided were one of a minority who do not bald then our faces age better.
    Having kids or to a lesser extent pet horses isn't nearly as bad for dating.
    But generally women have a big advantage because most of the time guys message you massaging guys has about 2.5 times the success rate on ok cupid according to okcupid data same in bars not so sure about night clubs as I've had people grinding on me who just seemed to appear from thin air sometimes though that's normally a I want to make out grind not a I want to fuck you also some seem to just want to get you hard because they can I dont know whats going on in there minds.
    I haven't been to a night club in ages though.

• Depends on the age.
    16-25: total female control
    25-31: slight female advantage
    31-42: slight male advantage
    42-53: huge male advantage

All of these are tied to desirability, sex drive, biology, and maybe even social status

• considering the number of women that approach me, i would have to say yes in my case

• We have the advantage to have to do virtually everything...

What Girls Said 8

• No. Unless they are built like Hercules like @Polocrew
    Or if they are romantic and good with words like @keyspirit

• It's a lot easier for us girls! We have boobs and a vagina and a lot of men will fall over themselves to be in our presence. It's pretty pathetic when you think about it.

• BAHGHAAHAHHAHHA im dying baby. I think i juz found ma future wifey 💝

• Cuz i want what i dont have ;P
      And u juz happen to have all the goodies to make a men like meh fall over for u 👙😚

• Yes, it is pathetic, which was one of the reasons why I walked away about age 30.

• Nope, I think women pretty much control everything when it comes to choosing a partner & generally it's like that in the animal world too

• lol no. not in lions. if a superior lion comes along and he can kill and take the territory of the other male then he gets all of the females and he eats her cubs too. in lions the females hunt mostly and the male just sits under a tree and roars occasionally, not all animals do female selection.

• @anonman32 I said generally, I didn't say all the time. You can't deny it's very common.

• thats true. thats because men are weak.

• negative. it really depends on your personalty and how you feel about yourself. regardless of sex, in my opinion.

• No, either gender has the "distinct advantage", the good looking people do.

• Yea, like it's men who ask girl out they can ask a 10 out even if they re only a 5

• Yeah they definitely do. They get to decide if they want a relationship or not. If a man wants a girlfriend, he can just pick up a girl, start seeing her, and soon he has a girlfriend.

I know that some men will say we're the lucky ones because we get offered sex all the time, but we usually want more, and have no say in whether we get that or not.

• i have never seen it from this perspective. you know some guys also want more than just sex.

• @anonman32 Thanks, yeah I know, but the trouble is that they seem to be quite rare!

• i think it has to do with cultural masculinity standards, they say that it is masculine to have sex while being detached from intimacy. i personally could not have joyfull sex like that.

• They do but they will not admit it, they will just blame women