Is it rude to let people know I'm fat before hand?

I hate wasting time on a person, so im very blunt.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not rude, it's honest. Do you mean "fat" as in overly/excessively overweight, however, or just overweight/chubby?

• Chubby

• I thought so. You may want to say that instead then. If you tell people "fat" they're more likely to think like, really fat. I admire your being open and honest about your body, but there's no need to make people see you in a wrong light, by calling yourself fat.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just as long as you're not overweight and you are healthy I don't see a problem with being confident in yourself. However instead of just saying that you are fat to a guy, why don't you send a pic of yourself (I don't mean a nude picture) and then ask for one of him so you can see what he looks like. This shows that you are confident in yourself without actually saying, "Hey by the way I am fat"

What Guys Said 13

• I like your honesty!

• No. It's the best thing you could possibly do, so they don't waste their time. It's very considerate of you to do that.

• You make it sound almost as if being "fat" is like an incurable STD.

• That's smart because it's better for you to tell them than instead they find out and stop talking to you out of the blue cause of it. at least with telling them you will be able to find someone who likes you for you.

• No, that's excellent actually and very admirable. Saves time and energy.

• Honesty is key, and no guy should judge you on it.

I don't think you should feel the need to tell people though, because you should be proud of who you are regardless of your weight.

• Okay don't take this the wrong way. But have you ever tried not to be fat?

• I honestly used to jog everyday when i was in college and had time. But now i work so i have no time anymore. So im a fatty now. 😁

• Try lifting weights and build muscle. The weight will stay off on its own.

Its just my solution on not being a fatty.

• It's very considerate and saves me time.

• You are freaking awesome. I would so go out with you but we'll be besties ok? 😊

• Honesty is the best policy!!!

• Nope. Your honesty is amazing and appreciated

• lmaoooo

• no. its not its for your benefit cus you would know if the guy doesn't like fat chicks

What Girls Said 10

• I admire your honesty, because sometimes it is hard. You are saving your time and the person's time. Time is the most precious thing and being upfront and not raising expectations is a good thing.

But i just wonder what you mean by fat. Do you mind sharing your height and weight? Sometimes girls exaggerate their weight when they are actually not. If you mind, i am sorry for asking. :)

• Lmao I think it's great to be honest.

• It's good that you're honest and not tricking him.

• It's good to be honest, but you need to be more specific because your definition of 'fat' may be different from another person's definition of 'fat'. I love your confidence though, I wish I had that.

• No its normal

• That's not rude at all! Its actually a good thing you can accept your body how it is, instead of trying to hide it , I'm sure a lot of guys want someone to be blunt like that

• nope the way said it is good

• No u think it's good for both of you know beforehead. I'm on chubby side too, so when i go blind date etc i tell them.

• I'm glad I'm not alone. I just started on the whole blind date thing. How is it going for you so far?

• Honestly not good. Still i can get good time with my friends afterward so... It'll take time to find someone good for me

• It's kind of odd, maybe just send them a picture of you and be more passive about it

• Good effing question. I wonder this too.