Am I changing my look to appeal to white guys or am I doing it for me?

I'm a black female and as you can tell, I like white guys. I was tired of my boring black hair so I wanted something different. I decided to get dark brown hair with ash blonde highlights/balayage (it looks nice). Now I kind of want lighter brown or green contacts. I liked the look for a long time but now I can't help but think white guys will think I'm prettier with the change? I don't know. I guess I started off doing it for me then realized maybe it'll make white guys like me more. I guess I just answered my question... Honestly it's hell liking white guys. :\

When I say blonde highlights, it's not drastic. My look isn't anything drastic. Look up balayage (brown balayage). My eyes are basically black so I want a more noticeable brown. I don't look like a Barbie doll.

Most Helpful Guy

• Only you know if you're doing something for X reason and no one else should be able to detect it more accurately lol. Unless you mean subconsciously, it sounds like based of what you said it started out 'innocently enough' haha then you began to think of the side effects.

Most Helpful Girl

• I completely support you doing anything that makes you feel more comfortable with yourself. But not all white guys are necessarily more attracted to more Eurocentric features. A lot of people really appreciate a natural melanin goddess 😊

What Guys Said 9

• Blonde highlights? Color contacts? Lol please stop.

• If you saw the way it looked you'd realize it's not drastic. Brown contacts and balayage hair. It's like a subtle ombré. It's not a Barbie doll look. Look up brown balayage. Please don't make assumptions. And also please don't comment if your comment is completely irrelevant to the question. Thank you.

• You're going to look like an old Xbox. Don't do that to yourself.

• Yeah because brown hair w/ highlights and brown eyes totally looks like an Xbox... (Your joke was totally unoriginal by the way). Good day.

• Do what makes you happy and don't do it for others. I think the majority of guys like natural look. Its a turn off for me if you use contacts because that's not you. Be confident with your look and guys are gonna fall for you. A lot of guys like black eyes and i think its more noticeable than brown. I think you will find someone that appreciate you for being you.

• haha to much work.. i mean the first woman i lusted after was from Kenya and she was like 6 ft tall and very very short hair

• Sure why not. Doesn't sound that drastic to me there's people on youtube getting plastic surgery on their eyes, butt, breasts, etc to look a different way. All you did was change your hair and get contacts.

If you like the look go for it.

Maybe test it out and see if you attract more White guys that way then you will know if it works lol

• You already answered your own question so I won't repeat. I will say it's not all about looks and if you think it is you're not mature enough for a relationship and neither are they.

• Sounds very pretty, but don't go changing yourself to suit others.

• Show us your pic?

• Thats pretty much useless because every single white girl will make you look like shit in comparison

• different guys like different things

What Girls Said 10

• I'm a white woman who is attracted to women especially black women. My attraction to you would be for your personality and who you are rather than your looks and I think you'll find that the white men who are attracted to black women will tell you pretty much the same thing. It's not what you look like it's who you are that will attract people. Just be yourself! If you prefer the highlights and contacts to feel more self confident then go ahead but don't think it's going to attract more white men, it's your personality that will win them over.

• They should like you for you though. What are they going to do when you take out your contacts? So whatever makes you happy but only if it's for you and not others.

• everyone watch out.. posted harassed my cousin and said he wanted to rape her--this dude is sick... he has mental issues and projects them onto others.. total freak
    this guy is really really sick... he talks about rape all the time..
    i can show the private messages gag will never ban him

• If they liked you it would be for your personality

• you should have not to do backflips for someone either they like you or they won't that goes for any man

• If they wanted pale eyes and hair, they'd date a white girl.

• Who cares about white guys
    White guys have a superiority complex

• Always do you. Never for anyone else. You need to decide what your motivation is.

• All that matters is if you like the way you look. If you think you look good with blonde hair and green eyes then you rock that look for you and if white guys are attracted to you because of it then that's just a bonus for you! As long as you like the way you look you make whatever changes you want

• Whatever changes you should be because u like it... dont do anything to please others. Be you! Maybe you dont like ur brown eyes but a guy out there maybe thinks thier the most beautiful eyes. We sometimes dont appreciate ourselves and we dont see our beauty. So Do whatever makes You happy!