Confused about my feelings towards her?

I fell in love with my co-worker, I really would have done anything for her... she was the one...

I really thought she liked me back too...

Anyhow I asked her out, and she said no... I later found out she had a boyfriend...

So I was really upset and heartbroken, stopped talking to her... and just wanted to stay away...

(I am unsure why she did this:) She really wanted my attention? she started telling me about how she got into a fight with her friend and also her boyfriend, and started to bad mouth her boyfriend as well...

At the time I really felt she wanted attention, I wasn't going to purse a girl with a boyfriend and it seemed like they were serious... ( Maybe I should have tried?)

After about a year, We still work together and I still have feelings for her... but I realized I don't really want to be with her...

I recently started talking to her again, I wanted closure, I found out that she is now single and broke up with her boyfriend...

Which really was a curve ball to my closure...

I am unsure what I feel or what I want at this point... I know that I still have some sort of feelings towards her... but at the same time don't want to be with her, am over her and did want her to be with her boyfriend so I could move on...

I spent a year getting over her, and I think I was... but now my love is single? I don't feel the same way?

I am just really confused, she is my first love as well...

Thank you for your opinions.

Most Helpful Girl

• She was just being friendly towards you, you misinterpreted her motives.

• Maybe she was... or maybe she liked my attention... I will never know I guess...

I do know, I fell in love with her... and she broke my heart... I wish she would have told me about her boyfriend earlier... She never brought him up once...

• Pick up the pieces, stitch them and move on

• What is the point?

I will never love anyone again...

Most Helpful Guy

• Interesting question, basically, you've built this wall to help separate you from her so you can secure yourself from her with your bare hands and you worked hard on it. But now after you realized that she no longer has a boyfriend, that wall is still there and your emotion and your hard work on this wall is preventing you from tearing it down. Here's the thing, you don't have to tear this wall down, all you have to do is take a sneak peak from above the wall. Don't get emotionally close to her the same way you did when you had feelings for her, but at the same time, don't cut everything off with her. Allow your relationship with her to remain at a non-threatening position, don't advance with her. A position which wouldn't do you any harm if she is becomes distant from you, until you can safely confirm or prove whether or not she's right for you.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• You said so yourself you are over her.