Morning Breakfast Date - How Should I Handle Paying?

Alright... this isn't your typical rant about paying for a first date. Let me explain my situation:

-I've been talking to a girl I met on POF for 3 weeks.
-We tried to set up a date last week, but she had to leave for a business trip.
-We tried to set up a date for Friday night (2 days ago), but she had to work late and got caught up in a very long meeting.
-We tried to set up a date for last night... but it started raining, thundering and lightning and her apartment complex lost power... as such, she could not get her car out of her garage, so she could not go on our date.

She said she felt bad for all these mishaps and wants to take me out for breakfast this morning. She said that she will pay for the breakfast. Now... I really want to see this girl, so I agreed to breakfast for this morning. I will be meeting her in a few hours.

When I get on this date... should I just pay my own way? Should I also pay for her meal?

I just don't feel it's fair for her to have to pay for my meal.

Thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you don't find it fair for her to pay the whole thing then I suggest going half. That way she's still paying something, which I suppose she wants to do to make up for the cancelled dates, but it's not everything.

Most Helpful Guy

• If she offered, let her pay. You don't want to send the message that you are a control freak.

However, do the gentlemanly thing, and offer to get her a coffee after.

What Girls Said 2

• suggest paying
    if she refuses, fine invite her next time.
    that s how things go. there is nthng wrong with it

• offer and if she says no then just split it

What Guys Said 3

• Let her pay she invited you out lol.

• I would split the bill - Seems fair to me.

• You could try splitting it and tell her since it's just breakfast I'll split it but if she did say in the begining that she would pay for all of it she may take it wrong