Can you get a guy back that you rejected when he asked you to be his girlfriend?

A really shy guy that I had been talking to since 8th grade asked me to be his girlfriend after around 3 years of going out to places together, in the beginning I really liked him and continue to so was waiting for him to ask me out over the course of 3 years. I began thinking that maybe I should move on because everything was going so slow when he asked me to be his girlfriend out of no where. I didn't know what to say and I guess I didn't really give him a definite answer but it was obviously pointing towards no. It's about 5 months later and we still talk and are friends but I regret the decision everyday, do you think its too late to do something? Please help

Most Helpful Guy

• It could be he still has feelings for you, or not, there's only one way to find out for sure. I think the most likely case is that he's sort of moved on but his feelings for you still linger somewhere so they can easily come back, the thing is that if you were to ask him to be your boyfriend he would be confused and would also not know what to say or actually turn you down.

• That's what I'm worried about, I know he will be confused because I made sure that he knew how much I liked him when we first started talking to each other and after a while I thought I should stop because things were obviously going much slower. I don't know whether to just try and move on or tell him how I really feel not knowing whether or not he still has feelings for me. Thanks a lot for letting me know what you think :) helps a lot

• Ideally you'd find some way to have his feelings come back over the span of a couple of weeks or so. You might try obvious flirting, touching him a lot, etc... He'll be suspicious, but it'll get him thinking about you again and if you don't let it go on for too long you can ask him to be your boyfriend before he's driven away by what he thinks is you teasing him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, there's still hope. Talk to him about it.

What Guys Said 3

• Unfortunately yes, most likely it is too late. When a guy asks you out it is a one time offer, a no answer and he will forget about you and move on. Sorry

• If he's still single then it's not too late to try to get him back

• Not if you still talk, I think you should tell him you're ready to take it further and date

• Thanks for your opinion :) If it were you, would you find it awkward? and if not then how would I tell him?

• If I still have feelings for you in that way I would be glad you changed your mind and finally wanted to be my girlfriend as long as I wasn't dating someone else

What Girls Said 0