Guys, would you be with a girl who has a job in the beauty department or works at an office?

Which one attracts you more? Believe it or not, guys are really picky and outspoken about what they want in a female. I've talked to a few dudes and they've all been clear about what they prefer for someone long-term verses someone just for the moment. I was surprised at how serious they were about this. Like they really take everything into account when they're choosing who they wanna be with. One of the most common turn offs I came across for guys are when the girl is successful for her looks... so like she's a fitness model, a fashion model, or something that just doesn't involve education and paperwork. So does that mean you rather have someone who works at a 9-5 office job? Its not like there's something wrong with that but I think the creativity the girls in the "looks" department needs to be considered a little bit. Like rather than settling for a regular office job, theyre thinking outside the box and using the resources they have to be successful, almost like their own bosses. So lets say she works out, she's recognized on Instagram and now she's famous and gets paid through social media and her website. Yeah she's attractive which helped but he's not just settling down to an office or serious job. If she wants to be a doctor or lawyer then great but I dont think the other girls should get knocked down because theyre in the "beauty department." So what would you prefer, why, and what does it mean when guys prefer someone more serious and stable?

• Girl in the beauty department
  • Girl in the office environment

Most Helpful Guy

• I would like a girl who has the beauty of a model but doesn't actually model.

The only appealing part of dating a model is that some of them are really attractive but there is nothing appealing about the job itself. If anything, it's kind of a turn off to date a girl who gets paid to take her clothes off for sexuallly suggestive photoshoots. I also feel like it would be disapointing because in a way she looks her best for the photographers. So it would be disapointing to see how sexy she looks for the photographers but to realize she will never look that sexy when she's posing for me.

So if I could choose between a 9/10 model and a 9/10 nurse, I'd choose the nurse no hesitation. The model would be a great choice for like a summer fling tho.

• I mean I would too beauty and brains but that's the thing that I feel guys need to learn and open their minds to is those girls (some not all) who's career revolves around the looks and superficial department aren't just about looks. A lot of them have opened up their own businesses and have come into their own brand rather than just settling for a regular job because they know their worth more than that. That's not attractive to you?

It's like me as a girl, I would choose a guy with his own business or company even if it revolves around superficial things over a guy who just settles for a normal job like manager at Best Buy or w/e cause he finds himself worth it and he knows he can do more. That's so attractive to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Office work. Then she actually has a salary. But an hourly wage

What Guys Said 19

• It's not about her ambition. It's about how much she values appearances. Guys, generally speaking, don't tend to their appearances as much as women do. Therefore, a woman who tends to her appearance more than other women may intimidate a guy because the guy knows that he will never be in the same league of hygiene.

• I think thats a different subject. From what I learned from the guys who I talked to was that they look down on the girl who works in the beauty department. I believe its cause theyre closed minded and think thats all she's good for when really she CHOSE that career field and she happens to be really good at it.

• I wouldn't care if a girl worked in a beauty shop or worked in a van selling doughnuts. What matters is her attitude, personality, outlook and morals, honesty and sexual values (no promiscuity). I don't know what guys you've been talking to.

• @Truthatanycost well that's how I would like to imagine all guys are. No matter what she does, as long as she's a good person then you're good. But I've come across a guys who are really picky and I just didn't know guys were really preferable and nit picky when it comes to who they wanna have a relationship with. I think though once they fall in love then it won't matter what she does but if he's not in love with her then he'll be concerned with all the trivial stuff

• I don't know what guys you've been talking to generally however its not a problem for guys. Do you see girls working in beauty department having any problems with guys?

It doesn't matter to me either way, office job probably be boring anyway. Its not what she does but that she is ambitious and smart. If she only has looks to offer then there wouln't be much interest regardless if she has a job in beauty department or office.

I see nothing wrong with taking advantage of your looks to be successful why not, if you have good genes take full advantage. But she has to offer more than just looks. So to me it doesn't matter either way. I rather she do with her life she'd enjoy doing and is ambitious.

• Ehhh probably not to be honest and looks or physical stereotypes have nothing to do with it. I just have personally come across a lot of girls who have worked in beauty departments and they tend to be self absorbed even narcissistic if you will. I just can't stand people like that its really annoying.

• Doesn't matter what she does. Just happy she works and as long as she enjoys it that's all that matters.

• For me its not the job that is a turn off. Girls i came across working at beauty department are so complacent and proud that is something i can't deal with.
    I don't have a problem with their job but their attitude. these people can be among others of curse but they are a lot among beauty models. And that's my problem with them.

• It sounds to me like you're judging them and not trying to get to know them. Just cause they work in that field doesn't mean they're conceited. Its like jumping to conclusions. I can easily say a guy who works as a club promoter or DJ is a player but thats not really true cause I dated a DJ and he was conservative.

• Whichever one is slender and has a very attractive face and who wants something real and who believes in God, looks matter and personality does too, career I don't care about unless it's something derogatory like stripper.

• I won't vote but simply say this: many of my best fantasies involve women in office settings...

• Don't care.

• Lmao you probably talked to some 25 yr old virgins that are too insecured about their dick and haven't made outta first base yet

Whyd I habe problem banging a model chick if she's hot lol

• depends on what she does in teh office.

but the girl in teh beauty department seems more talented just based on office vs beauty department.'

• Depends which one makes more money I suppose and which one will be employed long term. The thing about office jobs is that in five years there is going to be considerably less of them.

• Office environment easily.

• and why is that?

• Easier to relate to.

• Hmm so in a way you're proving the comment above that explains guys get intimidated by the beauty. It sounds like that's where you're coming from.

• I want a professional. No, not a hooker. A doctor, architect, something like that.

• Doesn't matter

• Jobs mean nothing to men because women just enter the work force and men have been with women back then.

• Any girl with a kind heart.

• Since, you asked for stability and seriousness, B.
    I will be happy that she's employed either way.

• maybe like a nun that models?

• A girl doing what she loves would be what guys like.
    Either way, office girls are hot.

What Girls Said 1

• i voted just to see the results, i dont see how it makes a difference

• I mean there is a difference but when it comes to guys preferences I dont see what makes them choose the other over the other either

• yeah, thats what i meant