Is it really worth competing for a girls heart?

I really like this girl but she has so many guys wanting to take her on dates and constantly getting all these numbers

Thanks for opinions
Thanks again

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the girl...
    And the guy's will.

• Yeah I just lose interest quick I cause I figure j have no shot a shy guy surrounded by a pack of wolves

• Thank you for the mho!
      And good luck!

• It never went anywhere actually it had a happy ending I unfriended her on Facebook

What Girls Said 8

• To be honest no it's not. Because her main focus isn't going to be on you if it wasn't in the first place. If you feel you have to compete for her and she isn't paying attention to you, it's not worth it. It's not like you personally talk to her, is your confidant or a friend you can count on. And then all of a sudden your finally romantically interested in her or the like. Then that is a different story and is worth a shot. But in this situation: no. Not worth the disappointment.

• I don't really think so. Unless you can see yourself with this girl in the future and she can see you guys being together, but if not, you should find someone else...

• Pretty much every above average looking girl will always have tones of guy attention so your logic makes no sense. A man shouldn't lower his standards on looks either,

• If she's going on lots of dates then it's pointless pursuing her. She's more than likely not ready to settle down with just one guy. She may also be a player.

• Try your luck. The worse that can happen is that she says no. She might like you out of the bunch. You never know until you try.

• If she likes you back. There is not competition

• No it's stupid

• If she is worth it and you really want to spend the rest of your life with her, than yes. I was once that girl and my husband won my heart. Because he was the one that put more effort into it more than anyone else.

• No. It makes you look and FEEL dumb by chasing someone and hoping she'll pick you.
    It's another thing though to let her in on how you feel, and let her decide from there.
    Be the outspoken confident one in the bunch and see where it goes.

• Well I'm the shy one so far she has talked to me twice

• Shy isn't a bad thing, you don't have to be someone you're not to get her attention by any means. Do you text with her at all or have her on social media accounts? Those ways would make it easy for you to ask if she'd like to do coffee sometime, or whatever it is you have in mind :)

• I have her facebook

What Guys Said 30

• No their is no point in it however what you described is not the same thing. Other men being interested in her is not the same as competing for her heart, competing would require her to show interest in both of you and then her standing around seeing who would fight harder for her. Their is no point to that because clearly her priority is her not you or if she was already in a relationship in which case obviously that would be inappropriate and either wouldn't work and making appear to be immoral (you would be) or two you win her over but then why would you want a women that would dump the man she was with so easily? So no in that sense you should not bother competing. However what you are saying is that their are others interested in her not that she is interested in others. In other words what competition? For all you know she is holding out for you. Their is always a risk of failure when their is a chance for success so I would say go for it because either you do nothing and nothing happens (except that you regret doing nothing) you try and fail in which case nothing changes or you try and succeed. Trying gives you a 50/50 chance while doing nothing has a 100% failure rate. I think, logicly speaking, the choice is obvious.

• Is it really considered competition if you're the best? I mean, get her number, talk to her, and take her on a date, if she likes you, she's most likely not gonna date those other guys, because she likes you and thinks you're the best. It's not like she's gonna date every guy, then eliminate some, then go on dates with those left, and then keep eliminating till there's one left.
    It's not really a competition.

And if she does do that, then she's a bitch that deserves no one, so at least you knew her true self.

Just talk to her.

• I'm really shy

• Ok but it's easier to let the other guys have her what really suprised me is she has tried to talk to me twice

• giving the girl you like to someone else. Wow, she mean nothing to you. She does deserve someone better. At that guy value her.

• Never view it as a competition. You are you, you can approach her and give her the opportunity to get to know you, if she likes you.. Cool. If she doesn't, that's fine also. Whether or not a lot of other guys like her too is meaningless to you.

• It does mean something though I get dejected

• If she tried to talk to you, that's a good sign. Asking her out isn't hard man. It's just because you haven't done it a lot than you think it's hard. If you can get used to casually asking girls out it just becomes normal. But if you really don't want to do it, then you've just got to accept that you won't be with her... It's your choice.

• Well another guy could easily beat me out so I have already accepted the fact I lost her

• Think of it less as competing and more like you "trying." If you fail... well bummer... move on. If you don't, then good for you.

• See, what you do here, is play the long game. Befriend her, Love her from afar, be nice and be a nice guy, and before you know it...

She'll find some other guy that was more confident and you'll be friend-zoned harder and faster then you can say "where'd he come from".

Moral of the story? Just go ask her out on a date. Don't worry about it, if she says no she says no no harm no foul and you can move on ASAP instead of being heartbroken for a person who didn't even know they had your heart.

• This guy don't. Know what he doing. You have to believe you are best guy for her. Girl hate taking granted for missing out good guy. Second what do you know about other guy asking her. Sure a lot guy ask her, but why she not taken?

• i personally know I am a great guy but I won't fight over a girl

• @cmale123 yeah, who wants friends, I'm either with a girl or I'm not.

• She not a trophy. She is some kind prize you win at game. Get to know the girl. She just a girl like every other girl. She got her own interest and hobbies. Your job get her to like you and why would she like you? Why do you like her in first place? Date me and then be girlfriend. Ask her politely to go out with you and why. Its that simple. The one number question every girl will ask is why me of all girls?

• She may be sick of it too! Just be a friend, someone to talk to and not be all about landing her.

That way you can check her out and see if she is as good on the inside as the outside.

• Never put a woman on a pedestal. Go for other women. Don't waste your time and energy competing for a woman.

• To answer your question: no.
    If a cost/risk/benefit analysis is done on interaction with women, they end a long way into the negative side of the ledger.

• Yes, every girl who's attractive has tones of guys going for her but most are pigs who want sex, if you're not that guy it'll show through.

• Just adding on to what others said:

Get over yourself and just ask; I get the fact you're shy but what have you got to lose by asking? You're gonna roll over and not attempt to "woo" her?

Wow.

• Not really - if she wants to be with you, she'll pick you.

• Trust me pal. Make her laugh. Act the clown and do daft things. The ice will melt between you like it was in a sauna. The way to a girls heart is through her funny bone

• If you both have awesome chemistry, then compete for her. But even then, you shouldn't have to compete and just be yourself. But if you both aren't that well compatible, you should just move on and find someone who finds YOU appealing.

• No it's not.

Leave them to fuck the badboys and be tossed aside.

• Not my cup of tea. Love is mutual, I would just let her know how I feel and then walk away.

• Make her chase u lol

• No it is a waste of time to compete

• No.

You have to make her compete for you. Approach dating like you would a job or money.

• Fuking lol @ competing for a girl. Never put pussy on a pedestal and Never chase women.

• NO! More women than men in this world. Move on.

• Maybe.

• nope.

• Depends on the girl

• Never compete for women. It's a waste of time and puts you in a position of low values. Most women usually go for guys who do not chase them anyways.

• I will almost never compete for a girl. I find those girls to generally be extremely attractive and think they are on some kind of pedestal. They are nice to look at, but long term, they are almost always destined to end in tears. Not worth competing for any girl in my humble opinion and i don't think girls are that worth it beyond sex

• Not worth it homie. Focus on being the right guy and let the girls think is it really worth competing for your love.

• Yea man this is a competition regardless what other guy think. You're never gonna get a women if you dont chase her or compete with other guys. Thats the goal when you meet a woman, you wanna be able to show who you are and show her that you care about her, etc. Otherwise she might meet a guy and think that he's got better things in store for her so hells yes it is a competition.

As for you, let me tell you something. I used to think like you, I used to say "oh man she's got too many guys going for her I dont want to get into that cause i have to show her this and that and i have to take her out and blablabla" turns out that this girl i met was gorgeous and we had a good chemistry and everything was going good, we went out on a couple dates and she even said it to my face cause obviously we talked about relationships " I get complimented on a daily basis, the only thing is that these guys just want a hook up and not a relationship so what it really comes down to is about what you have to offer and what's diff about you that other guys dont have and also how you are gonna make me feel" and i think i was making her feel comfortable and it seemed like it was movin forward veryyyy slow in 3 months we went out twice but we went from txting every day to calling each other. Unfortunately I was moving out of the city so i had to stop it. So go for it man be yourself and show her the best version of you and if she likes you she will go out wit you if she's not interested then its all good there's lots of women out there. Good luck!

• Nope, competition only feeds her ego. You just be good to her, not like a pet.

• If she has tried to talk twice to you, it's likely she's interested. But she won't take further steps. It's your turn.

Just go for it. But not asking her out straight. Chat, of ordinary topics. Fire bits of conversation.
    Her reaction will tell you if you can ask her out or not.