Girls, Have you ever dated someone who is your complete opposite?

Have you ever dated someone who had different views , attitude , attraction level , different religious views etc. did it work out?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. I'm more introverted; quiet and not into partying. A guy asked me out who was a total extrovert. He loved to drink and party, was always the center of attention and I never understood why he wanted me. I tried going out with him, but I am in to that lifestyle. I've also dated guys of other religions. I am agnostic, but have dated Christians, Buddhist, and Jewish.

• I am not in to that lifestyle, I mean.

• Ok nice I'm very introverted myself and probably would be similar :)

• Oh yes, probably so! :)

What Girls Said 20

• yes i have.
    I tried anyway. It was nice to meet someone with different interests. but we jsut fizzled out after a while. its not a ad idea to give it a shot. give anyone a chance.

• Not really. I just can't see how that would work out and I don't think I'd be attracted to them if their views were too different form mine in the first place.

• Ok , what about physical looks? For example I've dated a gorgeous girl who had African background and I've got red hair / although looking more blonde now and blue eyes

• Lol I'm a ginger too and I've dated a Korean girl before if that counts.

• Yes I have. No, it did not work out!! :( These guys were usually short term flings :)) !!

• Yes, and no it did not work out because the life that person was living i never seen myself living it and the freedom that person have i don't have that so it didn't work out.

• Kind of am right now. We're very different but it feels like an opposites attract thing. He annoys the hell out of me sometimes but I'm crazy about him always.

• In what way is your partner different from you? :)

• He's not a totally downer, but he's often more pessimistic about things than I am. Like life in general, I tend to be happier but he says I make him happy so I'm thankful for that. Also, he's not as close with his family but I'm super close with my family. Differences like that.
      Oh and he likes rap and I like country ugh that's the hardest part to deal with. He gives me such a hard time because he thinks my music choices are shitty and I think it's so cute when he's annoyed with me singing it 😆

• Yea my boyfriend is the complete opposite of me in many ways. We dont typically go well together yet here we are almost 2 years into the relationship 😋

• Ok in what way are you different? What's making it work? :)

• My husband is completely different from me. It makes things hard.

• Yes, I have.
    No, it didn't work out.
    I tried to make it work but it was too difficult, too much work for a person when it was meant to be a team work. I do believe the differences in our views and attitude didn't help to the relationship.

• Ok if you don't mind me asking what was the difference?

• I'm an optimistic person and he's a pesimistic.
      I want to be happy and he looked for things to be unhappy.
      I don't like to fight and he'd look for fights at any chance he had.
      I think people views, actions and their words have meaning, he only believed what he could probe, and that meant, almost always, that he was the only one capable of knowing it. He was obsessed with being right and finding faults on everyone.
      Although I'm depressive, I'm also cheerful. He's bad-tempered.
      I'm tolerant, he's impatient.
      I'm selfless, he's selfish.
      And it goes on :/

At the begining it wasn't so bad, we enjoyed being together, we loved each other, but he wanted to change me and when he saw some changes in me (I began to be negative and easily irritated), he didn't like it.
      I got tired of the circumstances, but at the end he dumped me :P

• Nope, I haven't

• yes and no

• Haha yes! I dated a guy from Norway for like 6 months! We had a lot of similarities of course, but our culture was soooooo different!

• Yes, I have. It worked out very well, however his maturity level didn't align with mine. It was the only reason I ended the relationship.

• Ok yeah that does make a big difference , I once dated a girl who partied a lot more than myself , although I'm 25 and she was 19 so she still had to go through what we all go through and have that fun party stage (and we need it)

• Yes I'm in one of those relationships right now and we fight A LOT because we have such different views.

• The common denominator here is that not always "opposites attracts" as many people could say

• Yes, it didn't work out. His way of thinking was way to different than mine. Still think he's cute though

• I have before. Didn't work out and it was such a waste of time trying to make it work.

• Not complete opposite. But opposites in some ways

• Opposites only attract if they compliment each other

• Yes I have

• Not really different views but from a diff background and race.