Why is it so much harder for guys to find a date than girls?

like say on a dating app. if you're a decent looking girl you'll get tons of matches daily. if you're a decent looking guy, you're lucky to get more than one match a day. why is this so? how come dating has to be so much harder for guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because 1. Gender roles say that men should do all/most of the approaching, so that means less women approach.
    2. Guys tend to be a bit more desperate anyway and
    3. Like half of those guys messaging just want sex anyway.

As for matching on apps like tinder, I dunno if you've noticed but most guys I've seen so far "like" every single girl they come across whereas girls are a bit "slower". Like we take our time to check out the other pics, his age, his bio and then decide if we want to like or dislike the guy. When my brother first got tinder, he hit the like limit within 2 minutes. When that happened, I was like "NO WAY! There's a limit?" Lol.

• Point no 2 , sucks but very very very true
      I don't know why we males are so desperate😞

Most Helpful Guy

• Because males are culturally conditioned to follow a behavior pattern for trying to find a female partner which inevitably fails. You know, trying to be a romantic and stuff. It just seems clingy and creepy, and essentially makes you avoid the fact that women are people too.

What Girls Said 12

• Because most people base it on looks. If your not up to their standards look wise, then its "bye, bye buddy". Its between that and guys that form crushes on women but never seem to act on it. Instead they choose to waste more and more time by lurking around like paedos at a playground, playing stupid games like acting all disinterested and they don't care. When they actually do. In that sense, im sorry but they make it harder for themselves. Dating apps are rubbish, I used to use badoo and match. com. Those guys weren't even on the same wavelength as me. Dating sites are full of horndogs and nymphos. I'd sooner go out and meet guys. Online dating doesn't work for me. Its really easy for people to lie about themselves on their profiles.

• To be fair, there's a huge difference between quantity and quality. Many of the messages girls receive are gross or thoughtless (e. g. literally only saying "hi"). Girls get more messages because guys are used to doing the approaching, whereas girls aren't.

I would hold off on online dating and try to meet girls in person. Get involved in a club at school, or approach someone when you're out and about.

If it makes you feel any better, dating becomes a lot easier in college.

• We have to wade through a sea of unsolicited dick pics and rude, aggressive assholes so if you think it's easier for us because we get a lot of matches/messages you have NO idea!!

• I don't know but I feel it and I am a female. If you wear revealing clothes and are sexual then you get waaay more matches than someone who is doesn't.
    It's never been my thing to be very revealing like that and I get far less matches than my friends who show off... practically half naked. I don't know... and a lot of girls are picky bitches - just being honest!

• I think it's because girls assume that a lot of the men on dating sites are creeps and only want them for their looks/bodies, so they have become selective.

• Funny, because as far as I know most of those girls are actually dating guys.

• Lol I thought it was the contrary.
    We have it difficult to find a date
    At real life
    At dating apps I didn't try them

• You're more likely to find men than women on certain dating sites, so the amount of dates may be disproportionate.

Tbh the reason is mostly financial and education driven but there's so many articles written about it online you can find yourself.

• I'm having a tough time to but if a girls smiles at me I need to look into it and as her out. In the long run it is I feal you pane

• Because you have to ask so.. start askin

• Girls may get more messages but that doesn't mean we have it easier to finding good compatible guys. It's useless to get 20 different messages from guys when none of them actually want anything serious or is compatible with you. I was on dating sites for AGES before I got somewhat compatible matches.

• Why are you 16 and already on dating apps?

What Guys Said 7

• I always wondered why that is too but I think it's because we out number the girls on those sites by a lot so they can be more selective than we can since less girls go on those sites and just meet guys in person if they look good

• Dating apps and sites shouldn't be used to gauge this. The situations in digital dating are a lot different in real life. You could even argue that the reason so many women are on those sites themselves is because they can't get a date in real life, so need to find fantasy men of their dreams online.

• Because girls are wussies.

• That is why men and women can never be equal. Fuck feminism

• Guys are desperate, women cautious

• It's just a part of life. Either accept it or roll over and die or go trans because there's really no other options.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more