Would you date a guy if he was unemployed but was going to school?

I lost my job, I'm 22 and rather than look for another small time job locally, I plan to go to tech school for welding and get my lifelong career started already. It will take 10 months to complete and in the meantime I will not be working, only attending school. I'll be practically guaranteed a job once I finish, and I'll be able to make enough money to live as comfortably as I've always wanted to. The future looks really bright but I still have 10 months to go of being broke. I don't feel like a loser who is wasting his time but I'm wondering girls how many of you would tolerate a situation like this where a guy isn't making any money right now?

Most Helpful Girl

• I already am dating an unemployed guy who's still in education so yeah, it's fine.

Most Helpful Guy

• In your case, (if I was a girl) I would totally date you. I am a licensed diesel mechanic, so I am also in skilled trades. Licensed welders are well paid and in demand skilled trades. Yes, you will have a job pretty much guaranteed - good for you! If you were taking one of those flake courses like cultural history or art, no I would not!

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah I would because it makes sense at our age.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't think being unemployed should be a deal breaker if your in school and have career options once you graduate. that being said there is still some girls who might have an issue with this situation and it might be best to avoid them if all they want is money , there is still other girls who this isn't an issue and if they like you and such wouldn't be a deal breaker