How quickly do you fall in love in a relationship?

Bonus Q's:
Do you usually tell them as soon as you feel it?
How would you react if your SO said it too soon or waited too long?

• Less than 1 month
  • 3 months
  • 6 months
  • More than 1 year
  • Results

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably 6+ months before I accept my feelings to be true. Make sure the honeymoon phase is over.

*Nope. I wait for them to say it first

*Too soon: I'd respond honestly "I'm not ready to say it back".

* Too long: If we're together for more than a year and they haven't sad it yet.. Something is wrong.

What Guys Said 10

• I think you gotta let the 'honeymoon phase' part of a relationship pass first because everything the do during that will seem perfect. If you get bored and start looking elsewhere then it was lust not love. If you get more comfortable then it's probably time to say the words.

For me 6 months at least.

• I dated a girl for two months and didn't fall in love.

I was in love with my girlfriend after two dates.

So... it all depends.

• Never have. I'm not sure what "falling in love" even means. Other people talk about it like it's the greatest thing you can experience, and I'm pretty sure I've never experienced anything like that. Sometimes I suspect I was born without the "love" feature, whatever that may be.

• I wouldn't even jump into a relationship unless that was already a given... o-o

• Depends on the girl or how the relationship is going.

• Quick... I don't like relationships longer than 3 weeks.

• What relationship?

• If you you know you know right?

• Prefer to be in love before calling it 'relationship'.

• For me it's a slow process. Regardless of the woman.

I'm not gonna rant about how love doesn't exist blah blah blah. It does, just some people use it to get away with certain things, which I don't think is okay.

What Girls Said 17

• I don't believe in falling in love. I believe in love people. In order for you to truly love a person, love needs to be in you and you have to know what real love is. Many fall in love only to fall out of it. I take relationships seriously. I don't care how attractive a person may seem to me. If I don't like certain things about them or I can never see myself marrying to and submitting to as a wife, I won't bother. I won't play head games, or jump into something I will regret later in life doing. I believe that everybody should have a solid foundation and have the basic understanding of what love really is. Otherwise they risk failing in their relationships, because of something so simple to do and change about themselves. If your not willing to be unselfish and sacrifice your wants for what is needed and devote yourself to improving your relationship and communication, you will fail. It never wise to 'feel' that your in love, and emotionally invest in a person right away or you'll end up with disappointment.

If somebody told me that, I would question them about what they believe love is, and what about me that makes the person say that. Because I believe in the actions of a person, not the words. Words are words until it's meaningless. You'll know if the person loves you or not if they are not serious about pursing a more deeper and fulfilling relationship to the point it leads to marriage. If their not willing to change for the better and work together with you or respect your boundaries and decisions, let alone force you to do something you don't want to do. Then they do not love you. That's what falling in love does. Trick you into thinking you with the right kind of person, and then when things get extremely difficult instead of fixing it, they cheat or leave. Use wisdom and be rational with your decisions, no using your feelings. Feelings will get you into trouble and you want to know how is it they deceived you when you deceived yourself, or allowed yourself to be vulnerable in the wrong way, instead of guarding your heart and mind from deception. That's my advice.

• Depends on the relationship. The first time I thought I was in love I felt that way after like 2 weeks. It was super passionate and mutual and I thought that's what love was. In hindsight wrong were both just infatuated with each other.

Current relationship I knew from the beginning this was different but I wouldn't say I was in love with him til about 3-4 months in. Once I realize did loved him it didn't take long to realize he's my "one".

Other people I've dated for 3 or 4 months and never fell in love.

• when i feel it which is usually less than 6 months ;P

• Not quickly. It's been 5 months in my current relationship. I'm falling for him but I'm not in love yet.

• The same has happened to me, and I feel the same way as you, I just wish I could actually say it back and mean it when he tells me.

• I fell for my guy within like a week, we're now coming up to our 1 year in like a week from now. He's wonderful <3

• If you had asked me this question 6 years ago I'd say 1 month but it'll take me longer now. Like a year.

• In my opinion , love grows deeper and deeper everyday depending on the love that is shared between the two people. So there i don't believe it's an instant but also takes time once that individual gets to know that person day by day and step by step.

• never. I dont get into a relationship until i am already in love.

• takes me a few months to a year to notice im in love. im sure it begins earlier.

• So you don't date anyone until you love them first? How do you get to know the person/know their feeling for you are the same?

• Depends on the person, sometimes you just know but about 3 months is a good guideline.

• I'm shocked by these results. So many people have chosen less than a month. Well, I can see some failing relationships on the horizon. Who wants to watch it all implode with coffee?

• I am too, I've honestly never heard of anyone saying it in less than a month, without breaking up soon after.

• I have never been in a long term relationship but if I did it would take me a year because I do not fall in love easily anymore

• I fell very fast lol

• I had a crush on my boyfriend... He asked me out a couple of times. Then I realized he wasn't just a crush, I was really in love with him. It Took me around 3 weeks.

• Not surprised by the results

• Really fast. Just because I don't have much experience with relationships so I never have a guard up

• Very fast actually

• the first time I see him. I know I want to be with him when I see him