Guys, What do I say to him after being to clingy?

i was too clingy and I lost the guy I like over it. I want to make contact to try to fix things. What do I say?

20

Most Helpful Guy

• Get this in your head - you can't fix clingy by refusing to let go.

And by trying to get back with him, you're not letting go.

And what do we call that? Clingy. Unflushable.

You lost him. Get over it. Learn from it. Don't make the same mistake with the next guy.

What Guys Said 19

• Say something along the lines of - "I'm sorry I acted this way and would like to make it up to you."... ask for a reply.

If he doesn't get back to you then you tried and it's time to move on. anything else would be self defeating. "I'm too clingy" won't be helped by begging for his attention.

• I have dated clingy girls and also simply huggy girls. Both can be interpted wrong depending on my mood / experience at the time. So ask yourself if you are actually too intense or if you are looking for someone that is ok curling up a lot etc.

Say sorry and ask what might be classed as too clingy for him then think if that what you class as too clingy.
    As without more information it's equally possible he freaked out over nothing.

• What a waste. I appreciate clingy girls and in my area, there's a dearth of them here. Clingy girls are a scarce resource.

• There is nothing you can do to fix the situation unfortunately!!! I have dumped exGFs for very similar reasons!!! Being too clingy and needy is a form of insecurity that only you can change otherwise the same thing will continue to happen in your future relationships to come.

• Just find another guy and start over. learn from your mistakes. going back to past relationships usually always just break again.

• "I am not as clingy as before. Even though this is a desperate plea to get you back! TAKE ME BAAAAACK!"

• Well question are you two open with how you feel if so depending on how deep it was "I really like you and I'll give you your space, I was clingy before but I can manage it now."

If it was just change Like to love

Hope it turns out well for you

• Don't. I appreciate girls who are clingy. Those are hard to find lol. So yeah if you lost him then he wasn't the one. And you going after him will seem even more clingy. So go find a guy who'll appreciate a clingy girl. I'm sure there are many guys who do :)

• Go after a guy that will enjoy your clingyness. You deserve to accepted as you are and shouldn't have to prove anything or worry about being anything but your authentic self. Anything else is just a waste of time

• Being clingy and needy is NOT a good trait to have when you're in a relationship. It's a form of insecurity which can be a real killer in ending relationships unfortunately.

• It's not considered clingy if the person you are with enjoys having you around all the time and at all hours , don't get me wrong if they annoy you, you shouldn't be with them at all

• Hahaha I'd feel absolutely smothered if a partner was like that!

• Don't make contact. The worst thing you can do. Move on to someone else and that's probably your best bet.

• You don't, you stay away from him

• I want to at least try to fix things

• He thinks your clingy, trying to talk things out right now won't help your situation :P give him some space

• Come to me I like your type

• You do realize by trying to contact him you're being clingy right? You need to forget about him and start with a new guy who doesn't know you as a clingy person. There's pleanty of places you can go if you don't know what that looks like

• that would be clingy

• You can't. Find someone who likes a clingy girl.

• Try apologizing.

• Have my babies

• nothing, move on. Women having a hard time with relationships. It must suck

• So you got a bit clingy and he dumped you. That should ring alarm bells in your head.

1.) He doesn't like you enough to deal with it.
    2.) He doesn't want that sort of relationship.

Move on.