Do I have no self respect?

So I was talking to my friend the other day and I was telling her about one of my recent sexual encounters. Once I was finished telling the story she told me that I should have more self respect. When I asked her what she meant she replied with the your just messing around with guys cause you have no self respect, but I don't understand what she meant. It's not like I'm sleeping around its just every one in a blue moon I have needs that only a man can fufill. Being raised in a Latin home I was taught to stay a virgin until marriage but I do not want to be married. I want to be successful on my own so I do not find a need for a relationship. Am I lacking in self respect for having sexual encounters without relationships?

Most Helpful Guy

• Pay no attention to your friend. We have marvelous technology that allows us to have sex with little risk of STDs or unwanted pregnancy. You freely chose to have sex. That is your prerogative as an adult, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends how you feel after.

What Guys Said 2

• Your friend probably just jeluous

• it is kind of slutty

What Girls Said 2

• Girl, you do you. If you want to have sex with not ties, then so be it! Just make sure it's a mutual feeling with the guy.

Your friends just has different views and opinions on sex. It happens.

• don't listen to your asshole friend, she is trying to put you down