Is an eighteen year old girl dating a twenty six year old guy an issue?

I like a guy, but people around me disprove because they think he will take advantage of me somehow and that he should find someone his own age.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's hard to say. I personally don't think it's an issue, especially if the guy is an absolute gentlemen and people have never met him. However, everyone has flaws - including the absolute gentlemen. Yes, the 26 year old has more life experience than you do. But I'm not sure 8 years is that much of a difference.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't like it if it were my little sister or something. But realistically at 18 anybody is allowed to make their own decisions. If it's a mistake, it's a mistake, it happens, and mistakes are usually good learning curves.

What Guys Said 17

• I can see problems at a mindset level - You are at probably at different stages of your life with different aims in life at the moment - On whether he will try to take an advantage of you, I would say that is a question about him as an individual as opposed to what age he is - An 18 year old could try to do that as well.

• I believe that is legal in the US so that is not an issue.

Depends on the maturity level of the guy and the girl.

• you're 18 and old enough to decide yourself. In a few years no one will care anymore. do whatever you think is right

• Not for me... , but depends on the guy, some are good dudes, other's not.
    So, it's dependent of your perception.

• You are both adults and should be no ones business but your own. i

• I guess it's fine, although I don't advocate relationships in education.

• I would think it would depend on the legal age of consent wherever they are. If it is 18 or under, then as long as there was actual consent, whatever

• Whole maturity level is stupid. girls don't mature mentally past the age of 5.

With that being said I'd take an 18 year old over a 24 year old any day of the week... more sexual energy, less bitterness, just plain more fun.

• No. She's legal.

• They are right , there is a low possibility to say he may love you..

• Not yet

• It's legal, but a little weird.

• let them, people like that are insecure

• A Kylie Jenner and Tyga type relationship. Once you're happy with the guy proceed

• in a world of suicide bombings, child rape, friends with benefits, government espionage... your issue seem to be ok

• you're both adults no no

• Yes, it's weird asf.

He wants an 18 year old because he's a lsoer who can't get aomeone his own age so he goes for immature chicks who want "older men" being they think they're too mature for boys their age.

What Girls Said 11

• Goodness ! That's ages apart like "wow" but that's not a bad thing because you're legal. But are you willing to handle the responsibility of being with a guy who perhaps may be very mature and are you willing to do the grown things he's intended to do? I'm not saying "sex" but you have to really be mentally ready for that. Not every older guy takes advantage of someone who is younger than them. I believe it's a good thing because depending on the guy he is mature and willing to accept responsibilities but personality varies and it all depends on the type of guy you're dealing with.

• You date who you want to date, 8 years can be a lot but it depends on if you're ok with it and if he's a decent guy. Just be cautious, don't get talked into doing anything you don't want to do. You can be manipulated by a guy much older than you at your age now, that of course is possible but you're also legal, so you're free to make your own decisions. I'm dating someone 12 years older than me, so just be careful but do what you want at the end of the day.

• You're of legal age, you can make your own decisions. At least he's not 40. Like that age gap isn't a problem, and really it isn't anyone else's relationship, so their opinions don't matter. If you like/love someone, don't let others opinions prevent you from being with them. Screw the judgmental people.

• Nah as long as she okay with the age difference. I am not okay with it.

• Quit giving a crap about what other people tell you. It's your love life, others should have no say in it. If you like him and he likes you, and you think it could work out, then give it a shot! The age difference isn't even that big, I know a woman who is happily married to a man 17 years older than her.

• If they get along, there's no problem.

• he will probably expect sex soon

• he ll make you move and think as he please
    and you won t even notice it

• Do you feel the age difference in talk and behaviour and do you object?

• There will definitely be some differences in maturity

• He absolutely is doing that and he absolutely will leave you. You're just a toy. Nothing real.