I cancelled a hangout last minute? How do guys feel about last minute cancellations?

Well I talked to this guy for a few days. I wasn't really attracted to him but the more I got to know him I started getting interest. ( when I mean got to know, I meant texting). I looked at his other social media platforms, he's very sociable and has a lot of friends. Anyways he's done all the initiating and we decided to go out and get drinks after. I asked if we were inviting other people. He said he wasn't going to invite other people. Anyways, well life happened and I got anxiety/depression. I'm feeling very gloomy and I didn't want to ruin the night. So I told him I had an emergency and I can't hang out and apologized. He replied, " Oh no! What happened is everything ok?" " It's okay. There's always a next time." I replied saying, " Oh you know life being a jerk. Thank you and sorry again! Have a drink for me!" haven't heard from him since. I don't think Im ever going to hear from him again. I feel bad and I really wanted to meet him but not when Im like this. Now Im bummed because I wanted to get to know him more, and I wanted it to be a date too. When someone cancels last minute, how do guys usually feel? It sucks because when I start to like people I push them away because Im scared.

• I wouldn't care- I'd just try to reschedule.
  • I feel sad and feel like she's not interested in me.
  • I just dont care in general

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely not a good feeling and you do question whether that person is really interested or not. I think you should've been honest, how he handled is up to him.

• I don't want to be honest and say hey I have depression. No one wants to hear that

• Well he text me the same day asking how everything was. Then he asked what other day I'm free. I told him on the weekend I am. I tried to make it seem like yes I am interested by asking for his social medias and talked a bit. He even wanted me to meet his friends? I haven't met him yet though. But then I cut the conversation saying goodnight and I'll talk to him later and I won't forget about the hangout. But I feel like I'm crossing it thin now. he's been trying really hard but yeah, my anxiety always kicks in making it seem like I'm not interested. Or I'm aloof. I think if I want to talk to him again, I'm going to have to text him because he's been initiating the past days. But I don't want to try too hard because I only know him from tinder... But we actually have mutual friends I learned.

• It seem like he's trying hard so you should also match his efforts. But if your anxiety is gonna be a real hindrance to you dating then maybe you should try work on that first.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, he probably just felt like you didn't want to see him and made an excuse not to come last minute. There's still time to make new plans and maybe try and explain how apologetic you are that you had to cancel! He'll probably be happy to see you making plans with him.

What Guys Said 5

• All of your options hold a potential for being accuracy in what he feels or how he took it... But if you still would like to meet this guy it isn't too late.

• I get irritated and pissed off when people do this cause it is disrespectful. In your case you should of just said you were feeling sick instead it is a more truthful way of going about it. Depression is a bitch I been depressed off and on for years

• This is actually the worst thing you can do to a guy. I've been led on for two months before and the girl labelled it as a simple rejection. No that's not a rejection. It's called wasting someone's time and energy and fucking them over completely.

• Not if you continue in contact with them?
      I have depression. I don't go or as much. I just quit my job due to anxiety and depression. You think that's fair to pour out to him before meeting? I would love to meet this guy. I really do, but I'm not in the position to do so. He keeps contacting me even after asking when I'm free again. I don't know what to do.

• Yeah, I wish I could but he's so sociable and seems like a very go happy person. So I'd rather not ruin it. I'd rather just wait until he stops contacting me which would be better. but I'll still try... If we go out on the weekend.

• Fuck, you're so confusing! Just ask one of your friends for a hug!

And forget about the guy because I want him to suffer like me!

• It is a hassle at times going to places if you like him it should be alright

• Huh? A hassle going to places?

• It wasn't a hassle going? so you just wanted to flake the guy?

• I'm not understanding your sentence.
      No, I didn't want to flake. I had no choice.
      I didn't have an emergency but I couldn't meet him in the mental state I'm in right now.

• I would be somewhat pissed off because of the preperations and the anticipation. Maybe I will forgive her because of her reason. If someone does this multiple times for no GOOD reason, they land on my "fuck off" list.

• I've only done it once. But I feel like the line is really thin. Because my anxiety I tend to push people away, so I cut our conversation short after we rescheduled. Hopefully he we will meet this weekend but I don't know.

• But be sure to keep your promise and have fun :)

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe you could try to read out to him to reschedule?