Is it done or is he upset? Mixed signals?

I was dating a guy and we hit it off pretty fast. We were dating for a few months. He said he knew I was the woman he was going to marry. He was a sweetheart at first. He was very affectionate and said he wanted to be more affectionate. So I was. He is very insecure. If I was texting he would joke if I was texting my other boyfriend. He would ask if guys at my job hit on me. At first I didn't think too much about it. Then I started realizing he was very insecure.

Then after a few months he started to get mean and disrespectful. He said he had a lot on his plate with school, work, and military. Then he started encouraging me to start dating other guys. He knew I did not want to do that. I made it clear that whatever he is going through I'm here if he needs me. He still kept encouraging me to date to where finally I got fed up and went on a date with another guy. I liked how the other guy was nice to me. Then I told the guy I was dating before he got very angry and said I disrespected him. He would not talk to me. Then he was accusing me of fooling around with the other guy which I didn't. We ended on very bad terms.

Then weeks went by and he was nice when I reached out to him. Then he ignored me. Then he was nice and he contacted me a few times. At this point it's been 2 months since I ended things. Then I contacted him and he hated me all over again as if it was new. I kept calling him after he was hanging up on me because I was confused at what was going on. He told me that by me calling him back and texting him like I was that day it is making him not want to talk to me even more. He told me that he wants to be left alone. I'm confused by his mixed signals. He was reaching out to me and he was being nice. Now all of a sudden he hates me again. I haven't contacted him since that day and it's been two weeks. I'm not going to reach out again. I'm hoping we can eventually work things out. Is he done or is he upset?

What Guys Said 2

• He sounds like he has other issues he needs to work out first. And it sounded like you have lost a lot of interest in him by going on a date with another guy. Start dating that other guy and forget the insecure one.

• He sounds like a troubled person. He really needs to work out his issues alone until you can work things out.

What Girls Said 1

• He's playing games. He also sounds sort of like an insufferable cunt. I don't understand why you like him that much.