Do you think LDR of different countries would work?

I mean long-distance relationship.
Why or why not?
It's even better if you have experience (s) on this :)

I'm in a dilemma so I wish to have your opinions.

Most Helpful Guy

• Tried it when i was married and well now we aren't married...

• May I ask why?
      Because you were married! @@

• Np.. Wish you better luck than i had

• Thanks :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Five years ago, a man from Egypt found me on FB and we had started a whirlwind Romance by Chance, @TinyHope. After getting to know him on Skype, along with his Lovely family, I then flew over to the magical land of Cairo, where I stayed with him and his family for 30 days. Things went so well, when I returned home, Three months later, I hopped Aboard and went Abroad again, where we ended up Tying the knot at he Ministry of Justice. I Remained there where I had Resided with him for a long while, Learning how to be a Muslim's wife.
    I am back in the States now, and as many of millions of times we Breakup and Makeup, we tried very hard to Keep our marriage together. It was never easy. I never put enough Effort into this, not like my husband, and with Not going back, for the Middle East has Gotten much Worse over the past few years, our Relationship got 'Worse' as well.
    It Takes Two special people to Have and to Uphold a LDR and if Only One is making all of the Time and Taking the Time, it can Grow and Go Dead in the water.
    Don't Start Something if you know you May not be able to Finish it. Open Lines of Convo is most Essential, and of course, Unity in Keeping it alive, but also, knowing you can See one another when you can, is also the Most Important thing here, dear.
    Good luck. xx

• @Paris 13
      Thank you so much for your sharing. That's what I need exactly :)
      Sorry it didn't work out for you, but I wish you all the best luck!
      It's never an easy decision :(

• Thank you so much <3
      Best luck to you too!!!

• Aw, thank you, hun!! xxoo

What Guys Said 11

• LDR only ever works, if the final aim is to move together within a reasonable time. Doesn't matter if its from different countries or within the same country.

• It's possible yeah but their success depends on the people in the relationship, how much they want it, their trust, faith etc, etc.

• Well, I'm living in a tiny country, it takes me only 20-30 minutes to get to Germany, Belgium or France, so yeah that would work.

But if it gets too far of course then it gets a problem.

• We are trying to make it closer but it needs more efforts and money lol

• If you guys have ways to be together like... next month or so. Yes.
    Anyway, i recommned to never accept that you love someomne without be with him/her on real situations.

So, just see them as friends until you actually know the person.

• Justo so you can spot his defects, before you get biassed by "love".

• Oh cool, seems things can make sense.

• I hope so, thanks :)

• It works presuming you've the means to make it work.

• It's hard enough when someone lives a couple hours from you never mind countries away.

• LDR are very complicated and often dont work, so if you want one then your gonna take a risk

• Penpals would be more likely & see where it goes from there and hope you're fooled by a guy that loves a gal in every port.

• It works if you meet in-person.

• They don't work across a state, they really can't across countries. Unless its temporary and you e already been together. Say someone is deployed for 6 months to a year. Even then though, a lot of people cheat

• Agree. I think it would be extremely hard.
      We had been together for a short while on his visit though.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 17

• It's not impossible to make them work, but it's rare they survive.

More effort , needs to be put into long-distance relationships. Sacrifices and compromises need to be made by both people. They need to be in regular contact, but most of all they need to trust wholeheartedly or it won't work.

In long-distance relationships trust issues start to develop and insecurities surface. So you have to be an emotionally strong person to be able to enter into one.

Eventually one of them will have to make a huge sacrifice, and uproot to live with or near the other one. You have to decide if he is worth that sacrifice or not.

If I felt he didn't love me the way I loved him, or if I was the one making most of the effort to make it work, then I'd hold onto my heart until I could hold him in my arms

• This is mostly correct

• Thank you soooo much <3

• Welcome ❤

• My relationship was long distance and it worked but we put in the works. Long letters to each other every day and Skype all weekend long. But we knew each other from before we dated so that helped us.

• @phil2

Great it worked for you! :D
      I believe you made lots of efforts to make it last well :)
      Thanks for sharing!

• I have 5 years experience so LDRs DO NOT WORK. Just end whatever you have with them now before you get in too deep. It doesn't work because if either of you have no money to travel back and forth, it won't work out. Yeah you could have great chemistry when you have conversations but eventually you will want this person physically, and you won't have that option. Plus you dont know if theyre being faithful.

• I think you made all valid points.
      It really takes a lot of money to make it work, which is so far the hardest for us. :(

• I'm in a LDR my fiancĂ© is British and I'm Russian we was in a relationship for a year and a half and got engaged in December last year and I moved to London to live with him in January and it's been perfect ever since.
    The beginning was very hard though with him living in London and having a full time job and me living in Moscow also working so we only got to see eachother probably 1 week every month sometimes I would stay with him for 2 weeks and then go back to Russia but most of our relationship was phone calls everyday, Skype every night and texting which can get very difficult we had a lot of arguments and fights because the distance was hard for both of us at times but it all worked out and I'm engaged to be married in March next year!
    Just like in any relationship trust is essential especially in long distance relationships so I think if you can trust eachother and you're ready to make possible sacrifices to make it work then it most defiantly can

• @RussianGirlxo
      Congratulations for your engagement and coming wedding!
      I'm so happy LDR works out for you :D
      The good thing is you are able to spend some good quality time together and that's crucial :)))

• Unless you both work really hard to make time to see each other as often as possible. It won't work.
    I think LDR only worthy it to try if i'm younger. But in late 20s or 30s, most people want to find and have a relationship with someone whom they can actually spend their time with and spend the rest of their lives. I think LDR very very very very rarely works. you both need to put much stronger effort, like book the next flight ticket when you are visiting him, book tickets to visit another county for you both could travel together etc. i would want to see him at least once a month.

• That's so true.
      I do need physical contact to feel loved :/
      For now it's not really possible for us to see each other once in a month until he can move closer and that is the problem now.

• It would be really hard.

• Yeah I know :/

• I'm literally going through the same dilemma. I have been in this relationship for over a year and we live in different continents.
    I don't believe in LDR and I have serious trust issues even though my partner claims he had never cheated on me or even thought of it. This has always been a problem between us and it always causes a fight, but in the end he would always try to make me believe that this will work, which is why I'm still holding on.
    But then again, I have known people who cheated on their partners while they are away, and not to mention I accidentally had been the girl they cheat on their partners with. I can never trust men!

• You have been through over 1 year and he sounds like really wants to be with you so I hope it work out for you :)
      Give him the benefit of doubts and time will tell.

By the way, how often do you meet each other? I'm curious as now that's our problem.

• No. I don't think they can work but I also dont consider them real relationships if you've never actually spent time together as a couple.

• I think it can work if you really really trust each other.
    I've been in a LDR before and know it's not for me because I need that physical contact and intimacy you just can't have over long distance but I know people who made it work.

• Yes, most people need physical contact and so do I.
      That's one question bothering me now too :/

• Didn't work for me.
    But give it a shot

• Thanks!
      It's never an easy decision though @@

• Is he very young? I think that part of the reason it didn't work is because he is 20 and I am 20 so both still students and it's harder to make things work without money lol^^

• He's of my age, 30.
      But still, money is a problem because it takes so much travel.

• stay in a ldr ONLY IF you guys will meet after some time... if not... then NO

• It's very VERY rare that they actually work out.

• In short
    No.
    Waste of time and energy

• Yes if one of you plan to move

• Personally I wouldn't do it. My brother is in a LDR and though he'd never cheat on his girlfriend, he's thought about ending the relationship plenty of times. Can be hard when you don't see your SO for weeks or months.

• obviously not, u'll never meet

• It won't work. I tried and this never work

1 private opinion(s)