Should I ask out my coworker?

I have a huge crush on my coworker, and I'm about 75% sure that he likes me back. I've been flirting and dropping hints and it looks like he might ask me out then he either backs out or we get busy. My sisters and friends think I should just go for it, but I don't want things at work to get awkward if I'm wrong. We've taken break together a couple of times and spend the whole meal talking. He always uses my line to check out even of I'm busy. He always talks to me when no customers are around, asks me about plans or personal questions and high fives me. He leans over the counter and into my space to talk to me, we always say goodbye when we leave. He even compliments my work though we don't do much. We tease, prank and challenge each other. He even once trued to interlock our fingers during a high five and deliberately spent a break outside with me while I waited for my ride. I've been taken these as signs of interest and even came up with a plan to ask him out, but don't wanna ruin our friendship or our working one if I'm wrong. Should I just ask anyway or wait and see if he doe

Also, I kind of feel like since I have almost two years on him, I should be the one who takes the in initiative. I don't know, maybe that's just me?
I should have added this as well, he also takes the closest register available to my own. Most of the time we end up spending shift next to each other.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, totally! You both sound really close! But when you (do) ask him out, be sure to be slow and try not to sound desperate! But I'm positive after all these signs he's showing, he'll go out with you! Good luck!

• That's been one of my problems. There's not much time we get to ourselves so any time asking him will be rushed

• We do get breaks but ours get scheduled by a manager. I though of just going in while I'm off, get in his line and ask him while paying. Is that a bad idea?

• As long as there isn't nosy people behind you in line (or around at all), then yes, that sounds like a good idea!

What Guys Said 16

• As long as your company doesn't have a policy against coworkers engaging in intimate relations, I would say go for it!
    I love that you said, as a WOMAN, that you think you should take the initiative, being older!! It isn't the being older part, but just being a woman, and being confident, and assertive enough!! If I was that guy, and you asked me out, I would, just because you asked me out!! That is so amazing!!
    Women should, more often!!! Rather than wait, just ask him out!! A lot of guys will be totally flattered and LOVE IT!!

• Thank you and yeah surprisingly they're cool about dating as long as there's no PDA or anything. And despite my inexperience in the field of dating I just feel like being the older one gives me more responsibility. Though that's half from having a younger sibling lol. And while he's started to make a move (I think, anyway) he seemed to akeayd back out so I feel like now its my turn. Even if I just give him my number or ask to hang out instead of a full on date, you know?

• Lol I actually do have a question. I'm trying to find s good opportunity to ask. I mean I feel like doing up front by our registers is too public and will put pressure on him. We haven't had any breaks together in a few weeks now and our shifts very so if I linger to ask I could be there for hours. I mean, should I get a manager in on it and ask us to have the sane break or try to power through that long wait or what? Cause I want to ask in person, not through a note or text.

• Being up front with all the eyes on you might be intimidating, but most people around aren't listening, so just ask him, like in a casual way, in a conversation when you see him!
      I LOVE it when women approach me, and ask me out, but sometimes there is a bit of an initial shock, so don't be worried if he's kind of caught off guard. If your company doesn't have issues with dating, then why not ask him out whenever you can? All you risk is a little embarrassment, if he turns you down the first time, and other can overhear.
      Take a chance!! The worst regrets that anyone ever has is the things that they DIDN'T do, or so they say!!

• You should just try! Go for it. I'm in the same situation. She's new at work and right away I started talking to her, we see each other in the hall and she happily sees my way and says 'Hi' and talk when I go to her line and chat about what's happening at the moment. We just share small moments like that throughout, but never seems to get out the "hi and bye" zone. I never seen signs of interest that I know of other than what I wrote. I want to take it there but it seems that I can't and she's kinda quite too. Its tough.

• Hell, sometimes I can't even get into the hi bye zones. Women in the workplace everyone of them do not speak, all shy? I don't think so. Where are all the chatty women?

• Lol that's kind of how we started too. I've been only where I am for about five months now. It might just be her being new and not sure if she wants something. I mean, I'm only 20 but what held me back from originally flirting the first few times was relocating and the fact that I just haven't liked anyone since the age of 16. Have you tried offering her help if she's busy and you have a momenf, or offering a ride if she doesn't drive (or to carpool to save fas if you live close? Maybe touch a bit more like hugs or high fives, single her out (spend more attention on her), offer to buy her lunch or share yours if you notice her not eating on break. There's a lot of ways to show your interest or get to know her more.

• We hit it off well friendship wise talked about everything, then i told my buddies one night about her, then he goes online tells her i had a crush on her on social media. The next thing I know I come into work and she won't speak, look at me and changed overnight, to this day she acts like this, true ghosting

• Why not ask him for a date ! No shame * sounds like he likes you , and afraid to make a wrong move. It's ok to ask him out . If things don't work out... Then just be friends instead ! Good luck 😎

• Thanks. I just wasn't certain that he did. I mean him waiting for my ride with me had me considering it, but I don't want work to get awkward and I haven't found time to do it.

• Thanks and I will. I know we work together this weekend, so maybe...

• right there is a good time ! I got faith in you girl * go get 'em. Until I hear from you again... 😎

• So let me get this straight... you're afraid that you're gonna make things awkward so you don't make a move but you expect him to overpower those same fears and just do it? Just ask him out you're an adult, if you want it try to get it and if there is fallout from that then deal with it.

• No, not if you like your work.

• Mmmm... I'm not sure you should do it at work. You should do it on your own time. Also, I'd like to add that dating a coworker can make life at work stressful. So, if you decide to date a coworker, be aware that life could get crazy.

• It is usually a bad idea to be involved with a coworker.

• I would say does you work have a policy on dating co-workers? Some do some don't. If not, and you are comfortable with the additional stress that this may cause on your work/life balance then go for it.

• No, we don't. As long as I don't report to him I'm good. But we're at the same level.

• "friends think I should just go for it, but I don't want things at work to get awkward if I'm wrong."

Welcome to the guy's world.

• You should just ask him out.

• I've had crushes on co-workers, but I will never, ever, EVER "fish off the company pier," so to speak. Too much potential for very unpleasant drama.

• dont do it

• NOPE!

Don't shit where you eat.

Dating a co-worker is a BAD idea, especially when it goes badly and you still have to see each other.

• I asked out my bosses daughter once on bring your daughter to work day. It was awkward at first when he found out because she was technically underage and he threatened to both have me fired and arrested if I didn't stop seeing her but after he found out she was pregnant he changed his tune being a devout Christian he insisted we get married, paid for the wedding and even set us up in our own house not to mention a promotion and pay rise. So you see these things can work out.

• NO.. never ever get involved with or attempt to get involved with a co worker! Talk starts.. and if everything goes bad then talk will get worse.. nothing ever comes good of that

• Actually, that's not the case where we are. Another cashier is dating a guy in electronics problem free, as well as two people in stocking who are engaged. The privacy or gossip doesn't concern me at this point.

• Yeah. It's always worth a try. Do since we guys actually likes to be asked once in a while

What Girls Said 4

• First you need to think about work policy if it will effect your job. Many companies won't allow romantic relationships inside the work place between co-workers. If they don't have that, then it's entirely up to you. But I think you should slow down a bit and see where it goes first as friends before you make a move to ask.

• We don't have work policies against it. And I also know that someone else we work with also likes him so I just don't want to take that chance.

• Well if the feelings are mutual between you and him, all you can do is figure out if he is really worth asking or not. It's understandable that your thinking about the other person. So either you do it or he does it.

• I vote ASK HIM OUT! You seem to really like this guy and he's probably just really shy. Never forget Jim and Pam Halpert haha:)

• Thanks. Another thing I had wonderts about was where to do it. I definitely want to do face to face but we only see each other at work and now no longer seem to take breaks together. and doing it right by the registers is too public.

• OK, thanks.

• Work + fun = DISASTER... EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!

• Personally, I'd wait to see if he does, but if not- yolo! Maybe ask him to go somewhere with you first to test the waters in a non working environment. Hint at somewhere you want to go.