What are the perks of being in a relationship?

I've been single for awhile, around 2 years, and I really enjoy being single. I do whatever I want anytime I want without having to ask someone if its ok with them ( in this case her). I already forgot what's so good about being in a relationship. I do have to say that probly one of the things I miss the most is being able to have sex anytime I wanted other than that i love being single. I have wayyy too many female friends, some have bfs some dont but we are all just friends. can't imagine not being able to hang out with all those girls which are my friends cause of my "gf".

Can anyone tell me what are the perks of being in a relationship?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not all relationships are the way your experience is or the way you know it from your friends or any other sources. Doesn't mean that every girlfriend would mind you having female friends.
    If you feel restricted by someone maybe that person is not for you; sure you might not be able to agree w your girlfriend on everything but those things shouldn't be major.
    IT all depends on what kind of thing you consider a relationship is and the way your character is. If you are unable to be faitful then exclusive relationship is not for you. But I guess you are speaking of exclusive kind of relationship, and where do I even start about benefits of it? Sex sure whatever, but someone you can share everything with, someone who is from your world and makes you happy, who is your best friend, support and someone you can alwayss relay on in the way they will give their best for you. It's not easy to find people we click on like that and it depends on what kind of relationships you settled before. So now you think all relationships are like that and not worth it. Love is great, people are what's wrong.

• You couldnt have said it better! Thanks for the comment! ;)

Most Helpful Guy

• I think there really isn't any unless if your real goal was to get to the point where you want to have your family with children and a house and a car or something. Besides I hear that after people have kids sometimes their sex life changes and it isn't the way it once was before.

There's way more drama in relationships, as in dealing with possibilities of cheating, jealousy, and many other bullshit, having to compromise and put up with each other. But if you've been single long enough you may end up being like meh, whatever, to all relationships and stop giving a fuck about it all entirely, regardless of whether getting laid or not, as it won't be your focus and goals anymore.

What Girls Said 9

• Perks of being in a relationship
    1. You can get honest opinions on how you are doing, as in character building
    2. You get good company, someone who loves you and is faithful you don't feel lonely
    3. Sex, it's meaningful and of course cuddling with hugs and kisses in between
    4. They help you out with chores, they pick up wine for you, you can watch a movie together

• Someone else pays for the pizza sometimes.
    They will usually listen to you gush about things and then think it's cute.
    They say nice things.
    There is a possibility of them making cheesecake for you.

As far as the friends issue: At this point in your life the people you date should expect and respect that you will have multiple friends of multiple interests and gender. They should even encourage you to have friends! If they don't, they're just not the right type of person for you.

• A good girlfriend will let you be friends with who you want, not tell you who you can and can't be friends with.

But pluses to being in a relationship, the connection, the sex, the in jokes, the having someone you can be completely yourself around, dates and having fun, cuddles - especially lying in bed cuddling. That stuff is always pretty good.

• The purpose of relationships is to build something together, help each other achieve goals, raise a family, travel around the world, etc. If you're not interested in doing any of that then being single is definitely for you.

• A partner to love, be loved by, create amazing memories with, hold you in your darkest hour, uplift you, hopefully guide you, split costs of dates/fun outings and share bomb ass sex with.

• Tricking your boyfriend into eating wasabi peas and watching the muscles of his face contort in slow agony and realization of your horse raddish related betrayal.

• Savage af! 😂

• @Prof_Don I hunted him down and killed him in overwatch c: then convinced him to come outside org to see my new tmog killed him sat on him the works. It's a love killing when you go that far.

• More sex
    Cuddles

Those are the main two for me.

• Having someone to do things with that hopefully prioritizes you.

• Having someone to be there for you. Companionship is nice. Sharing life experiences. Growing together and becoming better people.

That being said, I agree with you. I've been single for so long, I rather enjoy it now. Stress free and I can do whatever I want.

What Guys Said 10

• There are pros and cons to being in a relationship.

When the relationship is good both function as a team, or as one. The feeling of being loved and giving love is amazing. To trust another human at this level has no equal. When the relationship ends it sometimes feels like you lost one of your arms. It is then that you realize how much your ex partner did for you and now you get to do all of it. You will also notice you miss doing little things for your ex.

If the relationship was toxic (none are perfect) it is, from my experience, much better to be single.

• The perks are free, regular, no-hassle sex all the time with a safe partner. Especially at holidays. And never having to scare up a date when you need one. The down side is, as you pointed out, you can only have one. And she gets jealous about all the others.

• You have someone who loves you (hopefully), someone you can trust (hopefully), someone you can rely on (hopefully), and someone you will spend the rest of your life with (hopefully). As you can probably see by my "hopefully" remarks it greatly depends on the type of person you are dating. It is best not to rush into relationships, otherwise you may not truly know the person and you get more pain than happiness.

• The only good thing is family no longer try to fix you up with someone, ask if you're seeing someone, or any stupid shit like that.

Luckily the same result can be reached by being vocal about what absolute garbage the overwhelming vast majority (99.8%+) of women are.

• You get to worry each and every day if anything you have ever done to that person in the past can be misconstrued into being considered rape! Yay!

• There aren't any really.

• Can't bang chicks
    No tinder

• I'd rather have one faithful partner who never deserts me.

• She know's what you like & you know what she won't do!!

• Sex
    Emotional connection
    Happiness
    Support