Thoughts on dating a Co-worker?

We have such a great friendship, which I dont want to ruin. But we are so close, that I can't help but want to be his girlfriend.

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of people say not to date co-workers. In some companies it's even against the rules (although I don't know if they can legally enforce it).

I don't agree though. I think it's fine, *IF* you can keep things professional at work, and not let relationship problems at home become problems at work.

Just keep it mature, and keep things professional. Or another way of putting it, is that other co-workers should never even notice it, as if the two of you are like any other co-workers.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's Never quite wise to Date within the Wall and All of your Work place, @JaneDoe1213... Should Something go Sour, then it could end up to be Awkward Before the door closes at Five.
    However, for now, stay put and Continue your 'Great friendship' that you Both have established. And if things look like they are going in another direction, perhaps Getting on the same Page so hopefully no future Rage, in case a Sour ball in one's Mouth could cause this Relationship to Go South.
    Life is a gamble in any event. I would just leave it in Mother Nature's hands as you Both Nurse and Nurture Something Special.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 13

• Don't do it. If you spend enough time with any guy, you'll catch feelings. It works both ways. I think part of growing up for us is learning the difference between people we love as family and friends and someone who we love more than anything. It's easy to get confused because sometimes one isn't greater than the other.

Just be happy as friends. I've seen this story before, been a part of it many times. Just stay good friends.

• How old is he? Is he mature?

• Hmm I don't personally see that as a positive thing, but I'd probably would want to date a coworker if I like her, so I'd say, go for it.
    Not dating him won't erase your feelings, anyways.

• Man people are dimwitted.

Important question: How important is this guy to your job v how important the job is. If it's not your dream job and he's not your boss who gives a damn. Your moving on at some point in that case anyways

By people's logic you shouldn't date people in school because you may have classes with them after your break up. It's a dumb idea to not give it a burl if it doesn't put your position at risk.

• ".. want to be his girlfriend". I cringe every time I hear/read this. Just sounds so odd, out of place.
    Nothing's wrong with dating co-workers. However, most people lack the chemicals to keep their shit professional at work.

• I wouldn't do it because I believe my private life should not be mixed with my professional working life. Plus if your relationship ends, especially on a sour note then the work place becomes a little difficult to operate in.

• do it do it!!

• If its not your career go for it

• It's dumb. Do it anyawy.

• depends. blizzard or steam or aeria or WOWs?

• Do it.

• do it. why not

• forget it, it almost never works out

What Girls Said 8

• The guy I'm dating now is my ex boyfriend. We used to work together, that's how we met. I would say if you decide to date, do what we did and keep it a secret for the first 3 or 4 months of being together, so if things go belly up, you won't be office gossip. Then when you decide to be serious, tell HR about it so you're both protected and you can tell people about you two. People are going to talk all kinds of stuff but ignore them, they'll get bored of it soon enough. Just be careful, if this is your career, I wouldn't say go for it. If it's just a job, what do you have to lose by trying it? I don't regret mine, although we're dating again he's been in my life for the last two years and we've had ups and downs I can't imagine my life without him, even if we were just friends. I no longer work with him though so bear that in mind too :)

• Just be prepared for the consequences. Everyone is going to notice and talk about you behind your back. Refrain from romantic, non-work related interactions on the job or else you'll draw in unwanted attention from your boss and co-workers. If it doesn't work out, one of you is probably going to have to change jobs and you'll be the biggest piece of juicy office drama for a while.

• Dating a coworker is NEVER a good idea.

• Sensational while it's working.. Disastrous when it falls apart

• That's a hard one 😳 nothing hurts to test it out and all but just keep in mind the downside to it if something happens between you two. You don't exactly want your personal life interfering with work

• TOTALLY STUPID + ALWAYS A HUGE MISTAKE x 10000000000000000

Me now = Lessons FINALLY learnt :)

• I had a thing with a co worker... I dont recommend it. Dont mix business with pleasure.

• I get it. At my work, there's a cute guy who reminds me of Jon snow from game of thrones.
    cdn.movieweb.com/.../NEaMHVFvWpoJeh_2_b.jpg
    Unfortunately he is leaving tomorrow which is sad, we hit it off really great and he makes my shift interesting. I say go for it, but if you break up be professional about it.