Am I in the friendzone with this girl or not?

Before continuing on, see my previous question.

Her and her boyfriend broke up.

Anyway, I ended up driving 4 hours to see her in her homestate, and we spent a few days exploring her home town together, going to the nearby major city, and the beaches in the adjacent states. We held hands and went to expensive dinners and it looked like we were a couple...

We even drove to her ex's house in the next state over so she could get his address and mail him an apology letter (she did something that pissed him off, and they ended up breaking up, he's been ignoring her text messages)

Every night we ended up cuddling and we slept in the same bed. I kissed her neck passionately but she had me stop because her mom would've killed her if she found out she got a hickey.

Anyway, the morning I was about to leave, I ended up fingering her but her step dad walked in and asked her to go to the supermarket to buy some things... I got cock block'd...

So after about a week of not texting her, I finally did, and I laid out my feelings for her. I basically said that "you know I already have feelings for you, I didn't wanna say it out right, but it's true." and "I could see us being in a relationship," There was a lot

She responded after a few days later and said "I do understand your feelings, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞, 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬," she continued, Also, I realize that I am unable to give someone a relationship and care full heartedly because of the previous break up."

What feelings does she have? What does she mean by "... with the feelings that I have, we would be better off as just friends." Yes, I know she just wants to be friends, but what feelings could she possibly be referring to? Do I still have a chance? I am so confused... I need someone to explain what's going on.

and no, I haven't texted her back yet. Still thinking of a way to respond to that. It's been a couple days.

What Girls Said 1

• That's not friend zoned.
    And if she said she doesn't want to date you, then you shouldn't be asking if you still have a chance. Who knows, maybe in a year she will suddenly realize she's in love with you, but you shouldn't stick around for just that reason. If you're fine being friends with her, then be her friend. If not, then walk away.

Look, she JUST got out of a relationship. I think that's what she means. She just broke up with her boyfriend, and if he ended it because of something she did, then she probably still has feelings for him. How can she think about dating you if she still has feelings for him? When you were kissing her and started to finger her, maybe she liked it, but now she needs to think - did she like the fact that it was YOU fingering her? Or is it just that she misses cuddling/touching someone, so any dude was a good substitute for her ex? Or while you were doing that was she picturing her ex's face? It's a lot of emotions to sort through, so rather than string you along, or start to date you and then a week later realize she doesn't actually like you she just feels lonely, she would rather sort through her feelings first.

What Guys Said 1

• you're off, & on relationship off time not cheating play. you're the rebound man that she's dumping because she's going to patch things up with the ex. drove to his house, are you kidding me? why did you think this was a good idea?