What does "taking a break" mean to you?

My boyfriend and I have been having a few issues, mainly smaller things but he said he wanted to take a break. He told me he doesn't want to lose me, but he doesn't exactly know if he wants a relationship so he wants a little space to think. What does taking a break mean to you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Proof of not committing. Relationships do not take breaks. If you were married.. that could not happen. You are either in a relationship or you are not in one.

Most Helpful Girl

• It means he wants to take a break from having a relationship. He may feel he's not ready to make a full time commitment to one person. He may just want to date around for a while, or he may miss you too much and realize he can't see himself with anyone else. Sometimes it's really not you and it could be all what he is feeling on his own.

What Guys Said 2

• That I should dump that person lol

• Fake breaking up lol

What Girls Said 1

• Break is just one word away from break up.
    There for a break will lead to breaking up.
    So i suggest break up with him now.

• I already broke up with him, but he just wants to take a break. He said he still wants to be with me