Have you ever been in love without knowing if the other person loved you back? How did it feel? What did you do about it?

Were you dating, in a relationship, were they someone who didn't really know you or maybe a friend?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes like now I have a huge crush on one of my female friends that I just got recently. We have been friends for about 2 years. I have to take it slow with her so I work my way out of her friendzone a bit. Otherwise I might surprise her that I like her and that makes people feel betrayed. I wonder if she has got the hint yet. I hope so I would really like to be able to tell her and ask her on a date. Thankfully she is one of those girls that won't suddenly get a guy and leave me in the wind. Lol I honestly don't think that she has ever even had a date let alone a boyfriend so I have time.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I was in love with my friend. I knew he didn't love me back, at least I thought I did, because he was gay (or thought he was). I made things awkward though I think he did feel something for me. I didn't do anything but I hugged him tight and told him I'd miss him when he moved. I didn't have the courage to say I love you but I think I showed it by my actions. He gave me a really long tight hug so I think he liked me at least a little but neither of us talked about it

What Guys Said 11

• She was a childhood friend and I never said anything till 30 years later and she said she had a crush on me too back then. This is why you should always tell someone how you feel

• I was once crushing on this girl. She never seemed to reciprocate. I used to be really sweet to her and all. I felt like shit most of the time. It can be hard to get over

• No it's usually the other way around

• Been there. It's not a good feeling. 😐

• 1. Yes.
    2. Free.
    3. Nothing.
    4. Just another of life's passerbys.

• most of my middle and hs

• this love you speak of is a mystery to me

• Yes. It was agony.

• Yes, with a friend/classmate I saw once a week, and although she didn't say I knew she didn't feel the same way.

I came to terms with it. I was in a place were I felt like she meant a lot to me and I wanted her in my life, but although we never talked in this way, I knew we weren't going to be more than friends and I was pretty much ok with that. A month later she's gone and never spoke to me again. Maybe we weren't even friends.

• No I haven't experience that

• isn't that the meaning of a crush

What Girls Said 4

• Have you ever been in love without knowing if the other person loved you back? - No

That answers everything else.

• Yes it was a train wreck.

• Nope, I haven't and I wouldn't either.
    I don't like feeling hurt.

• I've been in love knowing the other person didn't love me back. We were dating and he told me he thought he could love me someday so I stuck with it. Then he told me he was in love with someone else which sucked, it felt terrible. It felt like I was falling apart, it felt so horrible. Then he asked me for advice on how to get this girl which I helped. And I've been crying for almost two years now.