If a girl flakes, cancels a first date with a guy, does that usually mean she has lost interest?

I met this girl on Tinder, so we have never met each other in person yet, after exchanging a few messages she let me have her phone number after I asked and agreed to meet up with me and on the day we were supposed to meet she sends me a text message saying that her boss wants her to stay longer at work, so that she won't be able to make it, initially in my mind I feel like I should give up on her but at the same time I feel tempted to give her another chance because I don't have many options with girls, I understand and know already that girls in general expect guys to plan and set up the first few dates, but if a girl cancels a plan or a date is the guy still expected to do the rescheduling or the person who does the canceling expected to do the the scheduling then? I'm confused, because I don't know if I've been educated the wrong way but if a girl flakes or cancels a date with a guy and let's say if she is still interested will she be the one to reschedule a date with a guy or is she still going to expect the guy to do the scheduling and the planning?

Ya quite angry and upset because it's been a very long time since I've last go on a date with a girl and I was really hoping to get a chance with her

Most Helpful Girl

• Try once more just to see. Sometimes stuff really does come up.

Most Helpful Guy

• generally speak yes.. im actually bout to do that to a girl today if that makes u feel better lol

• Did you also meet this girl through a dating site or a dating app?

• @LifeChoices heh not really.. they are more willing for ons than a relationship but thats due to their parents not accepting them having a relation with non-koreans.. but they won't just go with anyone the guys the fuck are guys if their parents weren't alive they would date

• Yeah I know they are like racist there towards everyone but it's not as bad for white people. Where do u meet these girls like is it the traditional bars/clubs like it is in the western world or do u have to like go to some weird sex shop lol

What Girls Said 6

• If she cancels and doesn't set a new, concrete date, she's gotten cold feet and has likely lost interest.

• I constantly cancel dates with people because of work and personal issues.

When I totally change my mind though, I DO send them an email.

• When she canceled did she offer up another time when she'd be available instead?

• No she did not

• Yeah the least I feel tempted to do is just give her one more chance but if she flakes one more time then I'm done with her

• No something could have just popped up that she had to cancel.

• I know that girls expect guys to set up and plan the first few dates in the beginning but let's see if the girl cancels plans to meet up with the guy is the guy still expected to do the planning of dates?

• Is it just me or do girls flake more than guys do?

• I can't answer that, I don't really have much experience in the dating world.

• Has she said she wanted to reschedule, and if yes, has she offered another time to meet?

If she wants to meet she will ask :-)

• She probably lost intrest and cheated on you

What Guys Said 15

• If she has some issue, and can't meet, she should try to reschedule, herself, with you, if she is really interested. If she doesn't, move on!! Not worth your time, and she is probably just blowing you off. . .

• I wonder if it's in a girls nature to change their minds so quickly

• I accept the 'privilege' that the saying afford women, being able to change their minds.
      However, I do accept that they often do not consider all possibilities, and later, talking with other women, they sometimes reconsider their choices.
      I can deal with that.
      If we have a 'Date' and she cancels, I give her two days to email, call, text or anything, to reschedule. After two days, with nothing, I DELETE HER, as she is not interested.
      The odds that she is in intensive care, or was arrested are so small, as to be moot!
      Women just 'flake' on guys all the time, so the odds are she just got a better offer and isn't worth your time to respond to!!

• Move on.

• yeah thats what it means... unfortunately, women have the communication skills of a 2 year old child and would rather play mind games and give hints rather than communicate like grown adults

• It depends: sometimes she might not be that into him, other times she might just be unsure/wanting to make sure he likes her. She might re-arrange the date for another day, in which case she probably does like him but wants to make sure he's into her. Otherwise, if she doesn't re-arrange, or makes excuses, she doesn't like him.

• It is possible that what she told you was the truth. That sort of thing happens.
    I would have told her to get back to me later, with a time that worked for her.
    If she did not get back, that would andwer the question.

• If she doesn't offer up an alternative, it probably means she has lost interest.

If you met her on Tinder it's 100% certain she lost interest or was never interested in going on a date with you in the first place (she could even be married).

• Ditch her and move on.

• yeah probably

• I'd say so.

• Lmao why the fuk u freaking out over some chick on tinder? Yea she flaked lol

• probably

• Not necessarily.

• It's over

• Yep.. she has lost the interest

• it means she just not ready , I'd imagine a lot of dates made through online sites and aps get canceled at the last minute