Do you think my crush will reject me because of my age?

I have this really big crush on this girl that works at the same place I work. We work in different areas so I don't see her a lot. I've smiled at her a few times. She would smile back. Yesterday I saw her and smiled. She smiled at me and mouthed the word hi. I really want to talk to her when I see her next, but I'm scared she will reject me because of my age. I'm 16 and I think she's 18 because where she works she cooks food and she kinda looks older. What should I do? I don't want to embarrass myself. Worst case scenario she would just think it's cute, right? I really like her. Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope I don't think she'll reject you. From how you described her she seems nice. I know a few girls that date guys 1-2yrs younger than them. Just go talk to her.

Most Helpful Guy

• 16 and 18? Not a huge difference. Just go and talk to her. My parents are about 8 and 1/2 years apart

What Girls Said 1

• Go for it. You'll never know. Even if she does reject you, you gave it a great try.

What Guys Said 5

• Do it
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take
    Besides you'll get experice either way

• Go for it 100%
    That's not much of an age difference really.

• No i dont think so.. go for it

• Its hard to tell in this day and age! I like a girl younger then me. I liked her since i was 16. now im 18 and i was afraid to tell her. so now by the law i can't be with her until she turns 18.
    She might reject due to the law of dating someone under the age of 18, but you can give it a shot. Dont make the mistake i did (sat back afraid to tell her)

• Well, you ought to be a very Chateau-Heartiste type of alpha male to pull this one up nicely :D