How Do You Deal With Being Single Forever?

For some reason I haven't had that much luck with guys and I am basically fed up at this point. I work full time, go to school and take care of my only child and I get treated like crap by all times of guys, different races, no matter where I've lived. I either get losers who have nothing going for them or I'll try to talk to a guy who has life goals and they're never into me. I have decided that I'm going to be forever single. My best friend and brother say I'm too independent and don't need a man (apparently wanting one isn't enough). So how do people deal with being alone forever and still manage to be happy, especially with everyone posting about how great their relationship is on Facebook and always have their S. O around them when you make plans. Thanks in advance.

Most Helpful Guy

• First you need to forget all about the "I will be forever single" stop comparing to all that has happening so far in life. Think positive and believe in yourself. Faith my friend goes a far way!

Next you need to think about several things. None of this is personal I'm just giving you the whole platform and you consider what fits you.

First-maybe it's your own behavior and mindset that is messing up relationships. Think about things you may be doing wrong and what would make someone not like you. Are you always negative, annoying, stuck up etc.

Second: think about who you are trying to date and maybe those guys are not the right type for building a relationship with. Think about what you would like in a man and how he would make you happy in life. For all you know you are just fine personally but these guys you go out with are stupid and immature not knowing what to do in life and you are taking it as your fault by accident.

Lastly: be patient and let nature take you in the path that was meant for you. Nothing can be forced and the harder you try the worse it gets. Just relax and enjoy life while you can cause life's just too short to sit around complaining and thinking all negative about yourself. Also think about all those people out there that don't even have food water or shelter and how unfortunate their lives are. Appreciate what you have and once again, just have faith. Your mind controls everything which is why you always need to be positive and see things that are good. "The cup is half full not half empty"

Most Helpful Girl

• You need a single friend (preferably female too), who you can go out with, and talk to when you both feel down about things. It is hard being single, but I'm sure you will meet someone nice, if you keep trying and don't let it get you down.

I would unfollow those people on facebook, and in real life, if someone is a good friend and cares about you, you could ask them to tone it down a bit when talking to you as it makes you sad. If they care they will understand. If they are always bringing their boyfriend along, why not ask if he can bring one of his single friends sometime?

Try to stay positive, hugs.

• I ask my friends if their boyfriends have any single friends to set me up with but of course they never do.

What Guys Said 3

• I dunno, I just ignore the fact that I'm single and carry on with my day as if I have no such thing to worry about at all. In fact, I deal with nearly every issue by ignoring it.

• It's just hard for me to ignore because everyone around me is with someone and I feel like they throw it in my face that I'm single.

• I'd say it could be the pool you pull from. That'll do it, as i've said before "some people are so used to mcdonalds that when they do go to the cheesecake factor they do not know to do". But yeah I feel your pain, girls either wanna bang me and act like it never happened or I end up in friendzone USA.

• take a multi. lift heavy.

What Girls Said 1

• First, you don't know if you will be single forever. But look at the advantages of being single. You are free to do what you want, when you want. And if you are surrounded by good friends, you don't have to do things alone. And a good talk or hug, you can get from a friend too (male or female).

• I think I have a hunch that I will be. And what friends? The ones who are so far up their boyfriend's ass. I can't even remember the last time I hung our w my girlfriends without them wanting to bring their boyfriends. It's so annoying to me.

• I don't see it working out but I'll try.

• Yes do. A "no" you always have, a "yes" you can only get if you try.