I ran into a guy I used to know. Should I be the first to text him?

We used to date a little. I think he is the most beautiful person ever. We liked each other at one point then it fell off. But that was two years ago. He saw me and stopped me on the street yesterday in NYC. he said hey how are you and we talked a little about where were living but i said my dad died. maybe i shoukdnt have said that so soon but it just happened a month ago and i didn't know what else to say of my summer. but anyway he said we should hang out and i said yeah text me so I don't know if he is or not. so its not common to run into people in crazy ny and im one of those people that think things happen for a reason. and i am even visiting for the week. i want to hang out with him so bad!

What Guys Said 2

• "Now you're just someone I used to know." -Goatyes.

• If you're interested just go for it. As a guy I find it attractive when girls make the first move, it shows their confidence and willingness to go after what they want. I'm not saying be desperate about it, but look at it this way... if you're worried about whether he'll text you or not and whether he wants to see you, if you text him first you won't have to wait around for an answer. It'll either be yes or no and then you won't have to wait around for something that might not happen. So just go for it!

• he didn't answer me :(

• Well don't get so down about it! I know you're disappointed because he was someone you wanted to rekindle things with, but you shouldn't be. The important thing here is that you took a chance, you took the initiative and went after what you wanted. You should be proud of yourself for that. And now you can go on to focus on more important things instead of possibly still waiting around.

What Girls Said 1

• Why not? This is the 21st century. Females are allowed to take initiative.