Is it classified as cheating if you go on a date with someone and sleep with a casual partner before a follow up date with them?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say: in that stadium of a relationship it's not... but once you're really so attached to each other the word relationship applies, it's time to close all other doors :D

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all, you aren't in a relationship

What Guys Said 16

• Not cheating in the classical sense but I would advocate a one at a time in my approach to romantic life. There will be no complications or confusion then. As to your poll, it is personal perception really.

• If you're not in a committed relationship with the person u went on the date with, then no that's not cheating. You're just being a single gal playing the field. :)

• Until you are exclusive with one person, you don't have an obligation to them.

Depends on your casual partners, though: in many friends with benefits arrangements, the benefits stop if either of the participants starts seeing someone.

• Unless you've established being exclusive at some point with the date, then no.

• How many guys does one gal need to screw in a week? Geez. I would drop her without ever talking to her again. If she is this easy she can not ever be trusted to keep her hands and lips off of other guys.

• Dem hoes...

• not necessarily cheating if you haven't established any boundaries on the relationship, however i would let the person know

• i personally would find that inappropriate, but i guess i'm a little weird in that i'm not into casual sex, so i guess it depends on the mentality of those involved..

• I don't care whether or not its considered cheating but I would immediately stop seeing a girl if I found out she did that to me.

• You should kiss goodbye to the date. If I knew you'd done that, I'd call off the date. Simple! If you slept with another guy, what the hell do you want with me?

It sure is cheating, even if no limits have been set.

• You are not in a relationship , so no.

• its not cheating its just low class and cheap. i would break up with such a women if i found out later down the line. I've actually broken up with women over this and we were dating for the better part of a year. practically lived together and when i found out that was pretty much it. we had sex a few more times but i lost all respect for her.

• One person at a time. Don't go out with someone if you're already have a bf/gf unless you break up first.

• A casual sex partner isn't a boyfriend.

• Having a friends with benefits isn't being a slut. By this day and age a woman should be aloud to sex life without being classified like that while the men are thought to be heros.

• having a friends with benefits does make you a slut. women can do whatever they want i encourage it im all about equality. however telling others how to feel is not equality thats totalitarianism. double standards exist for a reason and they will never go away. take your equality do what you want with it however its not going to change millions of years of evolution or take away peoples right to free will.

• Not if there is no relationship, but the other person might not take it well.

• Cheating only happens in a committed relationship.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 6

• There's. no assumption of commitment after one date. Well at least I hope so! If your one date girl expected a commitment after only 1 date, I'd run far far away.

• If you aren't anyone's girlfriend then how are you cheating? You're not. It's not really a guy's business who you sleep with unless he is your official boyfriend.

Just don't be sloppy with it. If you are going to sleep with multiple guys, do it so they will never fiind out about each other. If you live in a small town, get a guy from out of town who doesn't know anyone you know.

• Unless you've agreed to something exclusive with someone you're free to date and sleep with whomever you want.

• true but it does limit your prospects.

• thanks i thought chemistry would be more fast paced. turns out its mainly waiting for data and pressing a few buttons on excel.

• That depends on the people involved. To me neither a casual partner or single date signifies monogamy.

• If you're not exclusive, you're not cheating

• Of course not. it's not cheating until you are exclusive!