NEED ADVICE ASAP he needs to work on himself?

Have dated this guy for a good month, but he has just told me that he can't be with me relationship wise because he has a lot of things going on, and wants to sort out himself before he can pursue anything with anybody. I know I have only dated him for a good month but I am willing to wait until he is okay and has sorted himself out, he was very honest and said I was great and spoke highly of me but said he just needs to work on himself alone. Is this a good thing to do or should I just move on? I have told him that I am still here for him if he needs anything and he was thankful. Am desperate for advice...

What Guys Said 2

• He is done with your relationship. It happens. Move on.

• this is a good thing and maybe support him on this? you can be with him faster if he gets his life sorted out faster.

• Yeah I was thinking that, if im there for him and he reaches out then that is making us closer still isn't it? I am confused and not sure

• yeah i would do that. but make sure he does not forget you. ask him sometimes how he is doing and if he needs help with anything that he can ask you. even if he won't ask your help it is always a nice thing to offer.

• Yeah I've done that a few times today, offered my support and he vented to me a little bit which is still something I guess, I made a mistake and told him that I had feelings for him which Is why I care so much and he responded well to that, but yeah I just want to be there to help him where I can cos I dont want him out of my life

What Girls Said 1

• I think it's a nice way to let you down easy. I've been told this myself. Waited around for a long time for him to "sort things out". It never came to fruition. I wasted my time and investment. And my heart. :(

• Thing is he's actually talked to me a bit about these problems in his life, so I know he isn't really making them up, but yeah I offered my support but am not going to contact him for at least two weeks and keep doing me.

• No, it's not a bad thing at all. Some of us are just very caring people and he's probably a nice guy too so that kind of has something to do with it as well.

• Yeah he really is a nice guy, just has a lot of other things on his plate which is why he wouldn't be able to see anyone ontop of that until he sorts everything. Is it worth still being there for him? Do you think it could bring us closer? It's only been one day and I feel like I should stick around, could it bring him to appreciate me?