Guys, would you buy your date flowers?

Or your girlfriend? self explanatory question.

THANKS!

-@Afrochick

32

Most Helpful Guy

• Hypothetically speaking only. It's pretty much expected, so it would be a yes. But oh well, I've been single for more than 30 years now, don't let the age displayed in my profile fool you as I'm actually in my mid 30s.

But now I see the bright side of being single so long, I had saved all the money that I otherwise would have had to spend anyway for dates or for a relationship buying stuff all just to make the other person feel good.

• You're in your 30s?

• @Asker

Oh well, it happens. The moment I gave up was probably more than 7 or 8 years ago. I realized I never really want children, I just have the unhappy outlook of life, and would rather save someone all the troubles and miseries than to ever desire to bring them into this world and therefore the incentive and will to chase after some lady I previously had before just isn't there any more. In case, you or anyone was unaware, you can't rely on someone to make you happy or complete you. In my case I'm mostly unhappy if not completely unhappy, and that just won't work ever for a relationship either way. No lady out there is going to fix what I am or how I'm feeling or what my outlook is.

Besides I'm all caught up in life now with work, back to school again because the economy is unstable, suffered a job loss around 4 to 5 years ago. There was just way too many issues that were entirely beyond my control to begin with.

Thanks for MHO!

What Guys Said 31

• probably not a first date. but i've definitely brought flowers for a girl i've been dating. sometimes i pick up flowers for my wife no my way home from work

• If it's the first date, no. Never. That's just digging your own grave.
    After that, yeah, I would depending on the girl.

• do you mean when we are on a date?
    probably not. 1) where is she going to put them? 2) they are usually ridiculously priced. I get pissed off when people try and shame you into buying something.
    My ex-wife hated flowers. She would rather me take her out to dinner, then spend money on something that is going to die so quickly. After 25 years I guess I just have that kind of take on flowers.

• I bought her flowers *once* and I don't really see a point.

I prefer to spend my money on things that are actually edible.

• Date? No. What's she supposed to do with them during the date? Most dates nowadays don't start with picking the girl up from her house.

Girlfriend? Maybe. Mine likes gardening.

• If the situation calls for it and they wouldn't be out of place, yes.

• Thought about it but never have. Not a first date either. Some women don't like them (or certain ones) and/or think it's cheesy. And unless she tells you (which she likely won't until later when you get to know her) then you don't know.

• Yes. I've done it before.

• I sometimes do this out of the blue... no date or special occasion, just because I think she could use a pick-me-up sometimes, or because I think she is awesome.

• Perfectly acceptable affectionate gesture for me.

• yes but not all the time... gets expensive :P

• i used to do that sort of thing. i dont really do that any more.

• Of course. If I knew she like something else Like chocolate and wine.. I might do that instead.

• I'd rather leave flowers in the ground, so no I wouldn't.

• of course

• No..

• Not a first date. Maybe by the 3rd if I liked her.

• Yes, and i plan to... eventually lol. But not something to do often... or it loses it's charm.

• yeah i would

• I have before. Now? No. There's no need. Gf? Yes.

• mt girlfriend yes but a date no.

• Nope.

• Yea if she would like them

• During the date... yes... depends on where we're going tho...

• Of course.

• I would not

• Flowers for my date no, I don't see why I would do that. However I do buy flowers for my girlfriend.

• Always, yeah

• No..

• There are some wild ones in growing in my garden Id probably use them because i'm thrifty i'm not cheap though so maybe i'd buy her a sexy nurse outfit as well.

• More from Guys
    1