Why do u marry?

I'm serious why do u marry? You can live with her without marriage as well. Why do u need to marry? Religious reasons? Personal preferences? To make ur love official? What else so explain pls

Most Helpful Girl

• Lets put religion a part for a second. For me I dont see why you wouldn't get married to someone. You really love her? Then why wouldn't u marry her? Yes, u can live happily as if u are married but not being married at the same time. But marriage gives you that extra mile in showing how you really feel. That you are 100% sure you only want her/him. And don't tell me that being married feels the same as not being so. Coz I'm sure there's gonna be a difference. Even if I had another religion that allows it, I think I would still want to get married. Its just a special feeling.

What Girls Said 14

• You are seriously underestimating the importance of RITUAL in our lives, in general.

Think about “initiation” ceremonies into secret societies (such as military societies, fraternities, etc.)
    And cultural rites of passage, and pledges of allegiance, and national anthems, and all those formal shows of patriotism.
    And… wedding ceremonies, and renewals of vows, and so on.

Think about the kind of bond that’s created by these things.
    When rituals are performed regularly, people will literally go to the ends of the earth for others to whom they’re bonded through these kinds of ceremonies.

Marriage is one of these rituals -- and, believe me, no one stands up there and says "I do" with the intent of forsaking their partner down the line.
    It's a fucking beautiful thing. There's NOTHING like looking into yr beloved's eyes and declaring yr commitment, in front of the world. It's wonderful, and it's sexy, and it's fucking amazing in every way.

The problem is that most people don't KEEP performing the ritual, REGULARLY, in any way.
    They have one ceremony, and expect it to last the rest of their lives.

Fuck that.

The wedding vows should be like a pledge of allegiance. They should be something you both say to each other, in stolen moments, and in the heat of passion, and in the agony of tragedy.

When it's the middle of a slow night, and you grab each other's hands for an impromptu dance in the hallway or in a parking lot... "I do."

When you're fucking hard and fast and about to cum inside her... "I do."

When you've lost a friend or a parent, and she's there to comfort you, and you can cry on her shoulder and it's ok... "I do."

When you look at that ring on yr finger, you should be *overwhelmed*. With everything that it stands for.
    Commitment.
    Love.
    Lust.
    Passion.
    Struggle.
    Sacrifice.
    Growth.
    Ecstasy.
    Purpose.
    Structure.
    Support.
    Challenge.
    Partnership.
    Strength.
    Vulnerability.
    Understanding.
    Building a whole life together.

That ring on yr hand stands for ALL of those things, loud and clear.

And, you should tell each other "I do" again EVERY DAY.
    Even when times are hard -- ESPECIALLY when times are hard -- you should "marry" each other all over again... and suddenly the hard times won't be AS hard.
    They'll still be hard, but, "I do" will help you through the worst.

The ritual should NEVER end. And if it doesn't... then, neither will yr marriage.

• Why *will* I marry?

Because that person will be my everything and I will give them everything. So, what's a few words for him to show and express that commitment?

Doesn't have to be big or fancy, just the fact that he would be willing to commit in front of everyone to *solely* me. <3 <3 <3

• i don't.

• it's putting validity in ur relationship in the eyes of the law as well as the eyes of other people. "this is my HUSBAND" carries more weight than "this is my boyfriend". another question i'd ask would b why would you not want to get married? there's no valid reason as to why you wouldn't want to marry the person you want to spend the rest of your life with.

• Marriage is because you want to be with that person for the rest of your life and make it a strong promise and vow that it's till death do the both of you part. To have kids and to multiply.

• I dont

• It's just a nice tradition and the next step in terms of commitment so to speak.

• It gives a sense of stability

• I enjoy tradition.

• Legally speaking, here, if you live with your partner for two years, you are in a free union that gives you rights on your couple heritage.
    So the reasons for the ritual could be the formalization of that union, to be blessed by God, to make your parents happy, to follow a cultural tradition (marrying, having children and blah), or to probe your conjugal union (civil marriage).

• Personal preference I guess. It's like the next level in a relationship after being a boyfriend and girlfriend. And I want our whole family to have the same last name.

• Marriage has benefits

Financially and emotionally.

• because ı can't trust... nobody can as they can't live together without marrage

• Commitment and love

What Guys Said 10

• Thats the end goal in dating. I want to spend my life with someone I love.

• For the status I'd say

• money.. cuz the next time i get married she better be loaded haha

• Relgious and personal reasons

• Im never going to do it. If some poor sucker wants to lose everything he has to divorce lawyers and his baby momma let him

• In my opinion, it is so tatty to live with someone without marriage. In the other hand, marriage means a commitment for me and I will feel more assured to have this commitment for having children in a tied family, etc.

• Saves time.

• I don't see any benefits for a man to get married. there's no down side to marriage for a woman besides the fact that she can't sloot around anymore but she'll still probably do that anyway.

• To make a statement about how serious the relationship is

• it's the ultimate vow of commitment