Is 5'3 short or average in US for a girl?

My weight is ideal to my height but I feel self-conscious about my height. Is it short or average?

...

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. However you are 5 inches tall than the person I am dating. Don't worry too much.

Most Helpful Girl

• Kind of.

• I heard that scandinavian guys have a thing for tall girls, is it true? :D

• I don't know if they have a thing for tall girls, but most Scandinavian girls are tall compared to the rest of the world. Average height for a woman here is 5'5 or 5'6 but plenty of girls are taller than that.

What Guys Said 3

• Its below average, by a couple inches.

• Short, but who gives a shit about girls' height?

As long as you're not 4ft, you're fine.

• It's short, these days women are beasts in the USA!

What Girls Said 7

• i think its average... but its really hard to say.. people from america are from all over the world, so we have all kinds of genes in us from other places. but ur definitely not so short that u should feel uncomfortable :)

• 5'3 is good height. your weight?

www.livestrong.com/.../

• Shorter than average statistically speaking but im 5'2 so you got one on me. literally.

• It's two inches shorter than the average, and still short.

• I would say 5'5 is about average, so yes you're close to that

• average, dont worry :) All above 5'1 is average in our country so you are OK

• It's kind of short cause it's two inches close to average