Would you give a terrific person a chance at dating you if you found out they were HIV+?

Let say you meet a great girl who you get along well with and love spending time hanging out with her. However, you find out she is HIV+ and she got it via her mother transferring the virus to her while she was being born. Would you still consider dating her?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes because I'm not some uneducated hillbilly who believes that anyone who is HIV positive automatically also has AIDS or that they'll automatically pass it on to me when we have sex.

• Actually any sexual contact can transmit HIV to their partner.. vaginal+ oral + anal

• 96% means that there is a 1 in 25 chance in getting the virus. Those are not good odds.

• @tyber1 there's also an 86% chance for women to become pregnant within a year of having sex. That's almost 9 in 10 women, so why not use condoms anyways?

What Girls Said 8

• YES, ABSOLUTELY

It wouldn't affect my decision to love her and spend my life with her in the slightest. I don't even care if she got it through some less flattering way like drug use or sex. I am 100% here for hiv+ people.

• I think so.

• Sorry but I wouldn't.. that's too much for me to deal with.. I've dealt with enough shit up till now and I don't want to get into something worse for the rest of my life..

• No I wouldn't.

• No I wouldn't... but I wouldn't go out with men with small children either.

• No. Sorry.

• Deal breaker.

• No way

What Guys Said 14

• HIV is not the death sentence it used to be. The right systems can keep the virus at undetectable levels, and a good girl is surprisingly difficult to find.

• No, never. I don't care if she's the greatest woman on Earth, nothing is worth the HIV infection risk.

• No, because to kiss them or have sex with them would be a death sentence.
    Would I love someone enough to want to catch their terminal disease and endure a slow horrible death with them?
    Only if I was certifiably insane.

• No, I wouldn't.

• Hell no.

• as long as she can have kids with no aids then im okay with it i guess.

• Since she's terrific, yeah, I would.

I would risk contracting the disease, as long as we minimized the risk of our children contracting it.

• Absolutely. Life better be fun and short than long and boring , plus nothing lasts forever.

• Yeah sure!!

• Friends yes, dating no

• She is beautiful but I wouldn't wish to be with her. I'd hope she found happiness.

• You obsessed with Allison Scagliotti or something?

• Yes i would.. she's hot

• This is a tough one. I won't date her because that would risk my health on my future career if I happen to get the disease.