I am depressed? at 24?

I f**** my life up. I am 24 and achieved jack shit, i hate my life and i hate that i never experienced love or life. I just got diagnoses with depression and found out i needed the meds long time ago. I messed up my school, my fam didn't even helped me, i messed up my love life, never had a relationship or even sex... its like where have i fucking been all my life. I feel like i fucked it so bad there is no turning back, i feel out of control and messed everything up... how am i ever goingto live life? what is life? no friends, no best friends no nothing... I live at home too and my sibling dont ever include me..

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 19 and I can relate. I feel as though I missed out on a lot, messed up on a lot, and I would look back and imagine what could have been. You have 24 hrs in a single day and you're in your mid twenties so, there's definitely no turning back however there is definitely a ladder at your disposal and you can choose whether or not you want to climb out of this pit that you've gotten yourself in. It'll take a lot of willpower but it can be done and with 8 billion people in this World and with so many that have passed away, surely there have been a great number who have gone through worse or something similar to what you're going through and have made it out and became successful. You can be one of them.
    Depression makes things worse because when you decide to look back at everything and to allow stress into your life it makes everything on your shoulder a lot heavier because you're continually creating a mental impact upon yourself and this wares you down mentally. The body needs a captain to move its ship but it cannot be done if the captain is sleepy or exhausted the engine just won't start. It's easy to push things until tomorrow, telling yourself ''just one more day, just more time'' is easy and it will keep happening because if you told yourself that just today, will be the last day to chill out, etc before you start doing something with your self then you will tell yourself this soon afterwards too think about it as 'climbing back down the ladder you were climbing, just to take a break, even though you were halfway to the top'. Write a list of everything no matter how ridiculous it sounds of what you want to accomplish and where you want to see yourself in one year. Muster up all your might and strength and get things done one by one. Finding a job is a full-time job and so you'll need to spend a minimum of 6 hours a day looking for a job, handing applications, resumes out to numerous of places. Find a job that you'd like to do because you may need money now but 3 months later you'll become bored at this job and the job itself will feel like a chore. Find your passion, pursue it, and make money from it. I'm an athlete and I make money as a bicycle courier so this way I get to pedal as fast as I possibly can and make money doing it. Great cardio and I love it, and I have a lot of fun doing it and so work is never ever a chore, it's playtime.

P. S I'm not saying you need a job, in case you already have one but I was just making an example

Most Helpful Girl

• Psychotherapy can be helpful for figuring out and taking steps to cope with what triggered the depressive symptoms in the first place.

While antidepressants aren’t appropriate in every situation, they can be helpful in cases where there’s a family history of depression. A doctor or mental health practitioner can help figure out the best treatment plan for you.

Wishing you the best of luck.

What Guys Said 15

• Things will get better. "Tomorrow is a new day" is such a true statement meaning things will change. Maybe not tomorrow lol, but eventually. You are only 24, you have only "fucked up" your life to this point, you have lots of years left. You're not happy? Only you can change things. It's not easy sometimes and sometimes it takes time, but you have to change it. We've all been in your position at one time or another, I always told myself, "hey, you're not happy, change it" Sometimes it took a while to figure out how exactly to change it, but you don't give up thinking of ways and trying to. Get out and do things when you're down and depressed, even just going for a walk can do wonders sometimes. Listen to music maybe or just get out with other people. Don't just sit around depressed, it won't help. I know this is all hard to do when you're depressed but you have to try and force yourself to if you want out of the depression.

• Just meet people at you work and hang out together. Go workout and hang out with those people. By the way life can never be bad or good. It's just something you experience. Some girl on Facebook was saying life is meaningless and that there was no point and that she wanted to commit scuicide. I told her it's true, we walk around for 85 years if we are lucky and then die. You can have the greatest life or you could have the worst life possible, ends up meaningless in the end as you die and all those memories go away. So she might as well not commit scuicide as we are going to die anyways. You might as well go out there and do everything you want to do.

• I'm in a pretty similar situation, and am 28. I know you can become calm and concentrate on the present, taking the future one step at a time.

And about "never having a relationship or even sex", you really aught to switch those priorities around. Don't have sex with someone you're not in a relationship with. It will feel better emotionally, morally, and maybe even physically.

• This is your 9th question where you ask literally the same thing.

• Time to lay down and rot OP. Tour is over.

• Go to a therapist, not GAG.

• I think I'm depressed at 24 too :(

• Think of it this way, you're lucky to be alive and there's always tomorrow.

• Are you fat? I could be your GAG friend

• Just sleep until you feel better.

• Time to LDAR bro.

• Get a job

• Sorry to hear that Id hug you if this wasn't all online and you know geography.

How did you mess up your school. You can get qualifications online there are sights like the open university and you can even learn things for free even if they don't come with a qualification ie web dev, animation , design , writing , foreign languages, the office suite, carpentry.
    If you can't drive maybe your could get a moped or something so you're not just stuck at home?

• Do something about it. Gotta start from somewhere

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• Being upset and complaining about the negatives won't do anything. Nothing will work unless you do! Life will feel pointless if you have no goal. Go to college for the job you want. There you can also make friends and have a chance in meeting a guy. Or if you can't try getting a job, you will also meet people there. Plan some goals you want to achieve for the future.