Reasons why a guy would take so long to ask a girl out?

Its been months and he still haven't asked me out. He asked about my plans on the weekend but nothing!


0|0
1|10

Most Helpful Guy

  • Just too shy. This can last forever. He can talk to you, but just can't climb over that barrier to ask you out. Why haven't you asked him out?

    0|0
    0|0
    • Exactly why im confused! He's able to initiate a conversation with me, but just can't seem to ask me out. I've never asked a guy out before, i wouldn't know how to even start that conversation.

    • Show All
    • How about movies? Cause i feel like coffee going to be a little awkward since im shy

    • Movies is actually really bad since the very nature of the activity makes you both ignore each other which can further increase the awkwardness and lack of communication. I would start from scratch and build up your conversation with him bit by bit over the course of time to increase your confidence with each other and also make you both more comfortable around each other.

Most Helpful Girl

  • He might be dealing with something that you don’t know about. For example, he might be having trouble or facing hardship with family or friends, which would distract him from being able to focus on his romantic life.

    Or, he could be struggling to move on from an ex, and is not yet ready for a new relationship.

    Or (and let’s hope not for everyone’s sake), there could be another lady in the picture, and he’s having difficulty committing to you or both of you.

    Finally, there could be a much simpler issue at hand one that’s certainly not as pleasant to consider. He might be willing to hook up, but doesn’t feel enough of a connection to take things any further.

    It’s possible that as the famous self-help book with the same title suggests he’s just not that into you.

    Ultimately, my point is that there’s no way to know what the reason for his delay is until you ask.

    Wishing you the best of luck.

    0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Or he is shy lol

    • @Orksence

      Haha, what a typical reaction...

      I'm 80% sure the guy is just too shy/not sure she likes him back, especially given their young age, with 19% chance he's not that interested and 1% for all the reasons you listed combined. Most of the guys here agree with me, but the one female reaction can't fathom that maybe the guy isn't a suave experienced Casanova and so she invents all kinds of unlikely and complicated reasons... (I'm not criticizing you, it's just fascinating watching the different mindsets at work here).

What Guys Said 9

  • Shyness. Trying to gauge your interest in him. Likes you but not sure if he likes you enough? This case just sounds like shyness and afraid of rejection. Why don't you ask him out instead?

    0|0
    0|0
    • You think so? Like a hangout?

  • Fear of rejection. It's a big deal to most guys. When rejected
    most men don't get over it very quickly.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Why haven't you asked him out?

    0|1
    0|0
  • Because he's unsure if you're interested

    0|0
    0|0
  • because guys usually dont do that, we expect the girl to ask.

    0|0
    1|1
    • No they don't. Stop being such a lazy whiny wuss and grow some balls and ask a woman out.

    • Show All
    • @Truthatanycost lmao took you enough. Finally rid of you. Freak.

    • @datgirl guys with mentality like this don't get that the way you court a lady or girl can impress her and give you a chance. They think someone will ask you out without getting to know you. Their shells are so deep and full of shit

  • Are you an interesting person?

    0|1
    0|0
  • maybe ask him out.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he doesn't want to date you. Maybe he's waiting on you to ask him out.

    0|1
    1|0
  • Most likely he isn't interested at all

    0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!

Loading...